Sunday, January 20, 2019

"It's a String Thing" #275 Tiles

IAST #275 was inspired by a post written by Molly Hollibaugh about her mother's positive outlook on doing the household chore of washing dishes.

We used a cheeky choice of tangles, Pots-N-Pans (PNP), along with Zeppo and CO2 to create some very inspiring tiles.

Let's take a look ~

The first tile arrived from Jane Rhea (Indiana) ~
New Year’s Greetings, Dear Adele!
Except for my first apartment, all the kitchens I have inhabited have been blessed with a window right over the sink. What wonderful birds and furry wildlife I’ve been fortunate enough to see while washing up. Last winter even a coyote loped through the back yard, and we live on the outskirts of a northern Indiana town! Several years ago a doe brought her two teenaged fawns to eat at the bird feeder less than 10 feet away from the house. It was snowing—-simply magical.
I thoroughly enjoyed this week’s adventure. All three of the tangles were new to me!
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you for helping us 'see' out your window, too.
*Zeppo corners frame the tile
*pretty trim on each PNP


From Lori Byerly (Washington State) and here on her website ~
Thanks so much for another great weekly challenge and the encouragement to stay positive. It's a life changer. :)
Tangled Tidbits -
*lovely PNP trimmings
*CO2 shaded around the outer an inner circles


From Lisette (Switzerland) ~
Here my contribution to IAST #275 and happy New Year to every one!
When I read your post yesterday I burst out laughing because of your poem about the dirty dishes. The day before yesterday we received a huge and creamy chocolate cake at our office. Yesterday morning I had to clean all the greasy, chocolate clotted plates and spoons, as I was the first to arrive at the office. When my colleages arrived I complained about the chore I had to do... When I was done I sat at my computer. In order to reward myself for the cleaning I opened your post and the first thing I read was "Thank God for dirty dishes" - God's answers do come fast, indeed!
Thank you for this new challenge!
Oh, Lisette, what a well timed story!  Thank you for the smiles.
Tangled Tidbits -
*PNP along the border and tucked into a larger one
*big, softly shaded Zeppo


From Dani (Indonesia) and here on her blog ~
This is for challenge #275.
Thank you.
Tangled Tidbits -
*stippling adds even more effervescence to CO2 and Zeppo
*bold dark spaces


From Val (Tucson, Arizona) ~
Simple acts of love like washing dishes are peacefully meditative.....like Zentangle!

Well said, Val.
Tangled Tidbits -
*beautiful PNP stacks
*sweet words and sparkly background tangles


From Baafke (The Netherlands) ~
Quite a busy tile, but cheerful.
This was really a challenge
Tangled Tidbits -
*cheerful tangles, indeed!
*clever corners created with the first steps of PNP


From Susie (St. Louis, Missouri) ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*single PNP mingle with CO2 and Zeppo
*CO2 shaded centers


From Moblu (Bremen, Germany) ~
here we are with my tile for #275.
It was really fun. Except 'CO2' the pattern have been new for me, but they went well from my pencil.
For me the challenge is a good opportunity to improve my skills and allthemore it is a great pleasure to see all the other ideas born by the same string....
Awaiting your next string with anticipation.
Tangled Tidbits -
*lovely, large sparkled Zeppo
*PNP decorated with all three tangles


From Sue Leslie (New Mexico) ~
Wow #275 and this one gave me strange vision of Alice in Wonderland with lots of tea cups overflowing with bubbly and holey biscuits. Oh what our minds do sometimes with all the data put into them over the years. What fun!. Have a wonderful week.


That is so true, Sue - and entertaining.
Tangled Tidbits - 
*wonderful field of Zeppo
*PNP along the string line curve


From Lin H.,CZT (Florida) ~
Happy New Year, Adele! I think Ria Matheussen’s latest tangle Zeppo is a lot of fun to draw. Thanks for your challenge.
Tangled Tidbits -
*fun to draw and fun what you did with it :)
*pretty PNP variation


From Priscilla DeConti,CZT (New York) ~
What a fun challenge...Thanks...
It is done on a colored tile by me...using all the prompt tangles...
Have a great week all!!
Tangled Tidbits -
*Zeppo linked together with a double lined string
*pops of CO2 on a colorful tile


From Joanne (New Brunswick, Canada) ~
Here is my submission with 3 new to me tangles.
Tangled Tidbits -
*pearl centers for CO2
*darkened spaces between Zeppos add depth


From Margarete Gilge (Germany) ~
again it was an interesting challenge. You see, especially i liked Pots’n Pans!
Best wishes from Germany
Tangled Tidbits -
*delightfully detailed PNP
*aura and darkened background accent the tangles


From Ria Matheussen, CZT (Belgium) and creator of Zeppo (Our hats off to you, Ria!) ~
Thank you very much for this wonderful challenge where Zeppo gets a
place beside the beautiful CO2 and the cheerful Pots 'n Pans. (very
nice quote and original to use in this challenge)
I have made my tile on grey paper with a black, turquoize and white pen
and used a lot of white charcoal.
Congratulations for your fantastic Pumkin, I like that very much.
Warm regards from Belgium and I hope to join as much as possible during
2019!
Tangled Tidbits -
*beautiful balance in the use of dark, lighter, and highlighted spaces
*soft roundness and shading


A very warm welcome to Christelle who writes from Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, France ~
I live in the South of France with my husband and our 3 boys.
Zentangle I practice for a few months and I love it!
This is the first time I participate in a challenge offered on the internet and I hope I did !!

Tangled Tidbits - 
You did a great job!
*highlighted string line of Zeppo
*dots accent CO2
Welcome to our IAST community Christelle, and to our Tangled Map!



From Ragged Ray (United Kingdom) ~
I haven't yet drawn a tile for your 19 string challenge, but I'm jumping to this one. I've tangled Pots-n-Pans before but it was only this time that I noticed it's a curved relation to Ing. Zeppo proved more tricky than I first expected - my bubbles tended to squash together or drift apart, but when I realised I didn't need to tame them, I could just enjoy following where they would lead me. Darkening some sections, aura at the touch of shading and there it is.
Here's to another year of string-based challenges, as well as a wonderful world of tangled adventures.
Tangled Tidbits -
It really does have a "curved relation to Ing".  That is so well said.
*Zeppo and CO2 fill an aura-ed plane
*fancy trim for PNP carries over to the aura and border


From Renee W. (Austin, Texas) and here on her blog ~
Again, thank you for the challenge. I often feel like I am breaking the rules somehow as the drawing evolves and then happily remind myself that's the point. Can’t seem to shake my sharpie habit, oh well. And, I enjoy doing dishes too!
That is a "win, win!"
Tangled Tidbits -
*two stacks of PNP merge
*tethered Zeppo


From Jutta Gladnigg (Germany) ~
Thank you for your lovely post together with that nice plaque!
Cool challenge again!
Tangled Tidbits -
*shaded PNP through white spaces
*'zillions' of Zeppo - awesome!


From Gudrun S. (Germany) ~
many thanks for this nice challenge – lots of fun and ZEN
Best regards from Germany
Tangled Tidbits -
*Zeppo border corners
*colorfully decorative finishes for PNP


From JoAnne (Ontario, Canada) ~
You chose 3 really good tangles that were all new to me! I especially liked Pots-N-Pans! It was a fun tile to do!
Tangled Tidbits -
*Zeppo and PNP concentrated in the string spaces - detail lines repeat in both
*CO2 fills the background


From VenaC (Whitby, Ontario, Canada) ~
Pots-N-Pans is not yet my friend, so only small token on this tile. I found Odir by Sue Schneider. It is pronounced "O dear", so that too could apply to the dreaded sink full of dirty dishes. Sue has shown several variations so I am keen to try a few more. It is an easy and fun pattern. I used CO2 on the challenge with the Christmas tree that I didn't get to post so it was a surprise to see it pop up again. I like it. It makes a great filler. Zeppo it also fun to do and if one thinks of all the goodies it looks like one can get quite hungry while tangling! Best late wishes for a good new year to you too, Adele.
Tangled Tidbits -
*colorful tangles, soft shading
*delightful details throughout


From Hilary (Chicago, Illinois) ~ 
Two thank you’s are in order today. I loved the gentle reminder about how we should count our blessings. Even dirty dinner dishes are a blessing! And thanks for your new year’s greetings. It was so interesting seeing how your card has evolved over the years.
I’m probably going to regret not shading my tile for this week, and maybe I will add some shading later on. I just wanted to get it in on time.
Thank you, Hilary.
Tangled Tidbits -
*cross hatching and wavy lines add depth
*bubbly orbs sprinkled through CO2


From Jane (Surrey, United Kingdom) ~
My entry attached for challenge #275!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*striped and flowered PNP
*highlights and shading add even more depth to tapered PNP


From Amy L, CZT (Connecticut) ~
I found these tangles difficult. Neither Zeppo nor pots-n-pans seemed to want to come out looking consistent. I was also rushing a bit to get it done on time. So I decided to embrace the concept of it being about the process not the product and making time to tangle regularly. So I am submitting it anyway. Thanks as always!
 ...and it's great!
Tangled Tidbits -
*shading around the outer rims of Zeppo and PNP
*non shaded CO2 pops in the background


From Lynn F. (Florida) ~
I love Pots N Pans! Thanks for using this pattern this week.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*three lovely variations of PNP
*Zeppo variations include arua-ed rows


From Shirley Wohlsen (Queensland, Australia) ~
A few things got in the way of me doing ‘ It’s A String Thing’ but I’m hoping that it is all behind me now and I can be a more regular participant.
Attached is my Tile for ‘ It’s A String Thing ‘ Challenge # 275.

So glad you could join in again, Shirley.
Tangled Tidbits -
*large PNP fills and follows along the string lines
*Zeppo pushes passed the border


From Lynn G. (Florida) ~
Fun challenge, thanks Adele.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*unique details for each PNP section
*Zeppo string line with aura


From Juliane Lopes (Florida) ~
Attached is my submission for IAST #275. This one came together quickly....funny how that happens sometimes.
 Tangled Tidbits -
...and two Tickled to Tangle frames in a row :)
*alternating horizontal and vertical stripes make an elegant PNP
*Zeppo spills out of PNP



From Ginger White (California) ~
Happy New Year to you! It's my first NY as a tangler, so your idea of an annual tangle design is attractive! Thank you for being here for us.
Here is my IAST 275, looking like a stack of bowls under the msst from cloudy zeppos, drops of CO2 bouncing off the rims. It has been raining here in Covina [CA] most of the day, which prompted the tile. Simple, but effective, I think.
 Yes!
Tangled Tidbits -
*large PNP accented with CO2
*cloudy Zeppos with Msst


From Sue Agnew (Tucson, Arizona) ~
Well, this looks nothing like the assigned tangles. At least you can see the string, a little (it's upside down). What happened is that CO2 reminds me of your O, and then I was playing with putting little orbs around it like Zeppo, and it came out looking like Ahhh, so I was thinking it was going to be Os and Ahhhs. But then when I went to make the tile, it just took on a life of its own, and even morphed while I was working on it. I'm thinking it sort of looks like barnacles, the sea creature, not a tangle. I sure did have fun, though.
Happy new year! It seems like we are SO FAR ALREADY into the year, but it's still (technically) early January. Looking forward to another good year!
 That looks like FUN!
Tangled Tidbits -
*extended CO2 lines
*little pops of color add to the fun


From Allison (Rocklin, California) ~
Just getting my offering for #275 in under the wire. I had fun with the cheeky one.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*corner cluster of PNP along with tapered lines of it
*CO2 'floats' upward

From Sharon Fite (California) ~
Well, my tile wound up a little busy, but I had a good time! I did much better with Pots-n-Pans than last time, and Zeppo is a nice addition to our tangle collection. I added Diva Dance, Ponio, and Pop-Cloud for good measure.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*festive mix of tangles
*detailed accents for PNP


From Henrike Bratz, CZT (Germany) ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*Zeppo reflects PNP's darkened sections
*two variations of PNP and shading unifies the tangles


From Susan Theron (Velddrif, South Africa) ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*aura and weighted line aura for PNP along the string lines
*shaded spaces between Zeppo

From Jody Genovese, CZT (New York) ~
Well, my tile wound up a little busy, but I had a good time! I did much better with Pots-n-Pans than last time, and Zeppo is a nice addition to our tangle collection. I added Diva Dance, Ponio, and Pop-Cloud for good measure.
It is addicting!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Ing look to PNP
*dark spaces, shading, and added orbs - fablulous Zeppo


From Sharyn Penna, CZT (Massachusetts) ~
Loved the new year cards! They were great inspiration for effervescent pots n pans.
Here’s to a year of tangly sparkles and cheer!

Tangled Tidbits -
*PNP along the string lines brimming with CO2 and Zeppo
*soft lightness to CO2 created with short lines and larger inner circle spaces


From Felicity Strohfeldt (Velddrif, South Africa) ~
Tile 275 was an enjoyable journey to get me hopefully back in the saddle. You made it easy with your choices of Pots-N-Pans, Zeppo and Co2. Thank you.
Regards to you and all the regulars
 Tangled Tidbits -
*dark sparkled orbs repeat as details in PNP
*wonderful shading


From Simone (Germany) ~
here is your new challenge Picture.
I was in the mood to draw auras.
Thank you for all your creative ideas.
A big hello from Germany
 Tangled Tidbits -
*sunshine-y CO2
*aura creates interesting spaces and unites Zeppo and PNP


From Gill Green (Israel) ~
Here's my entry for IAST #275.
Thank you so much for giving me such a lovely welcome and I was thrilled to see my name on the map. I loved your beautiful champagne greeting as well.
These tangles seemed simple but were actually quite tricky to do. But it's great seeing all the different variations.
 Thank you, Gill!
*alternating variations of Zeppo
*pretty perfs repeat throughout

Thank you all for the visual treat.

Many thanks to the creators of the tangles we enjoyed this week ~

Pots-N-Pans by Sayantika Ray

Zeppo by CZT Ria Matheuseen

CO2 by Antonine Megger

I have been away this week soaking up more Grandmother time with our newest granddaughter Ada (and her parents!) Thank you for your patience in waiting for this post.

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see all those wonderful tiles, all different, but all unique and special!

    ReplyDelete