Thursday, January 9, 2014

Celebrating Strings and Special Things


This is a precious gift -



My friend and fellow CZT Sindy P tangled it for me.  Isn't it exquisite?
I was in awe when I unwrapped it - the time she spent, the thought, the work...





Here is a close up of the details on the roof.  It is just beautiful!

The house is actually a paper-mâché box.  She lifted off the top to reveal a bag of sugary rock candy - on  strings.  STRINGS!

As it turns out, she was on a trip to California with her husband the week before and found the stringed treasures at a specialty candy store.

Her gift tied many things together - our friendship that began with tangling, the origins of the string concept in Zentangle®, my blog challenge "It's a String Thing", and the book about strings that Sindy is currently writing.

Yes, Sindy is writing a book about strings - one of my favorite things.  When it is published, I will showcase it here...it is as creative and wonderful as she is - stay tuned!


Please feel free to leave a comment in the space provided below.
If you would like a reply from me, please use the email box to the right.
Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. What a special gift from a loving person!!!!! A treasure indeed.
    I still have to thank you for the beautiful cars that arrived last week. I'm very pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *card :) You are very welcome for the card - didn't want anyone to think that I'm that generous ;)

    ReplyDelete