Friday, February 1, 2019

Tips for Tangling Ratoon

As I mentioned in Tuesday's IAST #278 post, Molly Hollibaugh introduced her tangle Ratoon at zenAgain last November.

It is remarkably beautiful as it unfolds and can be embellished simply or extravagantly.

In my efforts to master Ratoon, I discovered a slightly different way to draw the tangle. 
The Tips for Tangling below begin with Molly's basic step out followed by my suggested 3 Step process ~

I've found that these steps help create a more uniform aura around the seeds and as a result make me a much happier tangler.  I hope you find them helpful, too.

For all of the delightful details for IAST #278, click here and come join in the fun.

Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. This is definitely helpful - thank you! I have already submitted my tile for IAST278, but did another just to try your method and the results were far better. This will be a favorite pattern, for certain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy this helped, Mariam. Thank you for writing to tell me.

      Delete
  2. I played with Ratoon for the first time this week and through trial and error learned that leaving a lot of space between your inside seeds and outside seeds is vital!

    No time to do a tile for your IAST this week - as I'm joining in ValenTangle this year - partly to overcome my long held phobia of hearts! I used your LG with great love in a tile for today!

    But I will bookmark this page and return to it on my next Ratooning session!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that "ratooning" should be definitely be a new tangling term :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for a wonderful tutorial that really helps when you draw this lovely pattern for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ria. I can just imagine your beautiful Ratoon filled tiles.

    ReplyDelete