Friday, February 15, 2019

"It's a String Thing" #297 Tiles

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Our IAST #297 featured the suggestion of a heart in the string and three love-ly tangles.  I trust the results will add the cherry on top of your sweet celebrations.

Let's take a look ~

The first tile arrived from Talia Maynard (London, United Kingdom) ~
Here's my tile for this week's challenge. I always enjoy around Valentine's day because hearts are my favourite shape. They're everywhere! And drawing them is my usual go to doodle so I love all 3 of these tangles. I enjoyed making this very much. Thank you for a fun challenge.


From Simone (Germany) ~
Thank you for your Valentinsday Challenge. I love this 3 hearttangles, it was sooo much fun to draw them. So I was in the mood to make it pink, and more and more and more pink.
A big hello from Germany


From Jane Rhea (Indiana) ~
Thank you for sharing your love through IAST! You are so right...love grows!


From Dani (Indonesia) ~
This is for IAST challenge #279. Have a wonderful weekend.
Thank you.


From Antony (Milan, Italy) ~
Happy Valentine's day.
Much love to all.


From Susie (St. Louis, Missouri) ~
Happy Valentines Day to all.



From Shirley Wohlsen (Queensland, Australia) ~
Attached is my Tile for ‘It’s A string Thing Challenge ‘ #279
Happy Valentine Day everyone!


From Margarete Gilge (Germany) and here on her blog ~
I drew your last challenge incredibly spontaneously and so for Valentine's Day no red, pink or pink hearts but blue and turquoise have emerged. Sometimes it is very interesting to draw without goal and plan and the result can look quite pleasant! You will find my tile on my blog under the link
Thank you for this interesting challenge.


From Gabi (Germany) ~
Hearts all over and everywhere! I’m not the kind of a romantic woman - maybe you can imagine what a challenge IAST#279 was to me...
By the way the suggested string is great and I tried “heart box” first time and used my Polychromos as well as the watercolour pencils. Not really pure Zentangle but my contribution to Valentine’s Day!


From Gudrun (Germany) ~
„Happy Valentine“ and best regards from Germany


From Lynn G. (Florida) ~
Happy Valentines Day, Adele


From VenaC (Whitby, Ontario, Canada) ~
Happy Valentine's Day.


From Cassi (Illinois) ~
This one was quite a challenge —especially Heartbox, which is why there is only a tiny bit of it! Happy Valentines!


From Jane (Dorking, Surrey, United Kingdom) ~
Lovely challenge, thank you for such lovely tangles and also for reminding me about #funsin, such a happy tangle!
I treated each in a different way and was pleased how the red watercolour showed up on the tan tile.


From Mariam G. (Port Hueneme, California) ~
Love these heart challenges! I got a bit carried away and it's a tad too busy, but it was fun nonetheless. Have a lovely Valentine's day!




From Laurel Davis, CZT28 (New York) ~
Sorry I couldn’t use your string! The tangles led me in another direction! LG was new to me, but I’ll be using it again as it was lots of fun to draw. Thanks!


From Sharyn Penna, CZT (Massachusetts) ~
I can heart-ly control myself! I wondered ... LG as a chain ... Heart Box mashed with LG ... and what would Funsin look like in a fragment on point? The fragment meta design offers another heart.
Valentine cheers to the what if’s in tangling!


From T. ~
I had no plan for how this tile should look when I started working on it, which literally got me lost drawing the chosen patterns.
I drew Funsin first using the curves of the string as its midline and adding bright colour to its hearts.
Heart Box didn’t exactly get boxed because I drew the grid lines in pencil then forgot to outline them in ink.
LG was my favourite of the patterns to draw because of its repeating auras; and being able to add so much shading, more colour, and touches of gold to the tile.
Thanks for another fun challenge Adele!


From Hilary (Chicago) ~
Happy Valentines Day! I hope yours is a very happy one.


From Sue Leslie, CZT (New Mexico) and here on her blog ~
Happy Valentines Day! Heart month is a favorite of mine and always so much fun to play with heart tangles. Thanks Adele for always making the week so much more fun, tho I do some and miss some but always a great challenge. I will post some of my other heart zentangles to my blog... also an announcement of a Zentangle cruise I am planning/organizing for November if anyone would like to come tangle with me this fall.


From Sue Agnew (Tucson, Arizona) ~
Last week I didn’t get to do Ratoon (it’s not exactly “poor me,” I had a Gelli printing class all day Saturday) so I wanted to use it this week. So I did kind of a “less is more” and used Ratoon with your LG. I admire everyone whose Ratoon was smooth and symmetrical. After several tries I decided lopsidedness was charming.
Happy Valentine’s Day!


From Allison (California) ~
Here is my offering for IAST #279. I had fun with these tangles and all the blue pens I had. The shading with colored pencil was needed for definition.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Allison from rainy California


From Lynn F. (California) ~
Here’s my tile for this week’s challenge. Heart box and LG were new to me so I really enjoyed learning them.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine’s Day.



From Elke (Bremen, Germany) ~
What a beautiful string. Even if you have no time to tangle you can not resist. So here is my heard. :-)
A lots of greetings from the north of Germany


From Susan (United Kingdom) ~
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone. I love an excuse to get out the red pen! I often admire tiles where people have left lots of blank space “less is more”. I find it hard not to fill the tile but I have tried to leave some space here.


From Ria Matheussen, CZT (Belgium) ~
Here is my contribution for this valentinechallenge. I love the three
tangles, but I would never think to use just these 3 ones on one tile
but thanks to you I did and I am satisfied about the result. I just
added fragment K14 in the corners that I painted black before.
We just moved and I have no scanner at the moment, I just made a picture
and the final results are always better with the scanner and the use of
Photoshop. That is why, I think the parts with the white charcoals and
gellypen, looks blue, but it is not so bad... Anyway, I'm glad to have
joined I.A.S.T. 279 and I'm looking forward to see the other tiles.
Wish you all the best and take care!
Warm regards from Belgian



From JoAnne (Ontario, Canada) ~
You chose some lovely tangles for this week’s challenge!


A very warm (and warmth is needed!) to Kathy Millard (Prince George, British Columbia, Canada) ~
Kathy wrote:
Currently minus 27 degrees Celsius

Welcome to our IAST community and welcome to our Tangled Map.  If I could bottle up some of this Florida weather and send it to you, I would!



From Ginger (California) ~
...Hearts are one of my favorite subjects but my first year doing Zentangle hearts. Hope this meets everyone's okay.
From Ginger in very rainy and snowy California!


From Sharon Fite (California) ~
I wasn't quite done with Ratoon, I guess. I love it's adaptability, and I think it worked well with the heart tangles. This weekend I attended my first CZT-led Basics class. A shout-out to Kim Kohler, CZT, in the Sacramento area. She is very Zentangle knowledgeable, and the time flew by. Wishing everyone a Happy St. Valentine's Day!


From Felicity Strohfeldt (Velddrif, South Africa) ~
...Here Summer is flexing its muscle to ward off the coming Autumn, so we are having sweltering heat. So tiring.
Anyway tile 279 is a reminder to us that love is in the air with Valentine’s just around the corner. Maybe also a wake-up call to love one another, no matter what, throughout the year. I enjoyed the experience revisiting the theme, as well as the old favourite patterns - so soothing to draw.
Have a wonderful Valentine week Adele and all the tanglers out there far and wide.


From Moblue (Bremen, Germany) ~
Here we are again with my tile for the Valentine Challenge.
Once started, I could not stop scetching one heart after the other.
And as Love and Spring come together, I have added some nice Printemps to fill the gaps.
Thank you for the wonderful string and those perfect matching patterns.
Happy tangling and lots of love for everyone



From Barbara (League City, Texas) ~
In Zentangle class yesterday our CZT challenged us to do IAST #279. This morning I tangled lots of hearts and love with my mother in mind. She passed away 6 years ago today.
All of these patterns are new to me and I enjoyed the challenge.


From Gill Green (Israel) ~
Thanks for the extra time Adele! Had a bit of trouble with my heart boxes but a friend and I had a great time heartangling! Happy Valentine's Day to all


From Priscilla DeConti, CZT (Kingston, New York) ~
Glad I had a little more time this week. I have had some eye problems and tangling was not possible. My eyes are now on the mend and although it is not my greatest, I was able to get this week's challenge done.
I am sorry to hear about a fellow tangler, may she rest in peace.
Have a great week all!
Happy Valentine's Day!


From Donna Symons (Pennsylvania) ~
All We Need is Love Yes .. and friendship ..and creativity ...and chocolate..and Zentangle just to name a few! So very grateful to have time to participate this week. The weatherman predicts another 2 feet of snow here in the west tonight. We are snuggled in and enjoying watching the snow fall. Thank you for everything you do for our community!

 


From Joanne (New Brunswick, Canada) ~
Thanks for extending the deadline for submitting #279! Here it is. Again, some challenging and new to me tangles.
Happy Valentines Day!


So much love in one place!  Thank you all for the glorious show of tiles and Valentine wishes.

IAST #280 is extended until the 28th.  Have fun exploring those tangles and don't forget to check out my 3G step out for Mi2.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment