Saturday, August 25, 2018

Where I Tangle

Featuring Jody Genovese, CZT (New York)



Last year, Jody sent a few photos from her garden.  Jutta Gladnigg, CZT, (Germany) was visiting at the time and I remember how delighted Jutta was by Jody's home and surroundings.

Last week, when Jody sent these pictures of where she tangles, I immediately appreciated why Jutta was so captivated.
Here is Jody's tour for all of us to enjoy ~

I feel very blessed to have two places to tangle. My husband and I don’t do a lot of traveling so six years ago we decided to add a water feature to our backyard which is right off the patio. It is a little bit of heaven on earth. During the summer we spend most of our time here. Unfortunately, summer in Upstate NY isn’t long enough.
I have a ‘pond’ bag filled with my tangle essentials, binoculars, a camera and slippers always ready to go. Each morning this is where I start my day. Oh yes, and lot’s of coffee!
As you can see my faithful companion Sadie Bug is always on my lap, which makes it a little awkward to draw, but I happily adjust.


Here are a couple more shots from different angles around the pond and waterfall. The sound of the water is very relaxing, peaceful and inspiring as are the fish and birds. In case you were wondering the fish do have names. So do some of the birds and the frogs…
It’s hard to tell from this picture, but the large green windchime from top to bottom is almost as tall as I am (5’ 5”) and sounds just like church bells when it rings.
When I can’t be outside tangling I have a spare bedroom that I have converted into my ‘Tangle Chamber’. Last year for my birthday my husband treated me to a closet system from The Container Store to organize all of my supplies...I have a lot of them!
Right now, these walls are a little bare because I am making a pencil holder/shelf to hang on the wall using 100-year-old barn wood salvaged from my great grandfather’s farm.
Sadie Bug has a giant beanbag, so she can ‘hunt’ out the window while I tangle. Mostly she sleeps.
All photographs courtesy of Jody Genovese, CZT
The closet is always neat, but I had to straighten up the room for the ‘photoshoot’.

When I am being creative it looks more like a hurricane came through as I am usually working on more than one thing at a time. To enhance the experience, I listen to piano music by Ludovico Einaudi and for whatever time I have here I am in my own magical world.

Thank you Jody, for the wonderful tour of your tangling spaces.  I am ready to pick up a Micron and start tangling!  Thank you for the inspiration.  XO.



3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those spaces are amazing, absolutely beautiful! The backyard is a little bit of heaven on earth, and I love being able to see the fish that Jody and her husband have put in the pond. Absolutely drooling over the closet system, lol!! Thank you for sharing, Jody.

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jody will be lucky if we don’t all drop in for a visit (or to stay for awhile). Beautiful. Thank you for sharing the spaces where others tangle and your wonderful challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely garden setting for Jody and such a nice indoor space for Adele! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete