Tuesday, October 30, 2018

"It's a String Thing" #266 Tiles

This week we used a looped string and three zentangle® patterns for a return to simpler things.  As it turns out though, a few goblins came calling.👻

Let's take a look ~

The first tile arrived from Anselm Peter (Germany) and here on his blog ~
My tangle for IAST #266 is a travelling tangle: painted during a trip with a train. I used all 3 suggested patterns. Indy-rella was new to me and I feel in love with it immediately. A beautiful choice of patterns. Thank you!
The tangle can be found on my blog...
Best from Thüringen (a German state)

Tangled Tidbits -
*beautiful shading and flow of the tangles
*shadows for Flux



From Susan (United Kingdom) ~
Here is this week’s tile, two days earlier than usual!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*tangles blend together and are finished in shades of gray


From Sally Whiteman (New Zealand) ~
Thanks for yet another lovely challenge.I had not used Well or Indy-rella before and enjoyed them. I love Flux and use it a lot.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*two variations of Well and lovely clusters of Flux


From Lisette (Switzerland) ~
Here my entry. I love all three tangles. Thank you again for this new challenge.
Big hugs to everyone
 Tangled Tidbits -
*arua, sparkle, fine lines - beautiful tangles
*lovely Indy-rella stars

From Joanne (New Brunswick, Canada) ~
Here is my submission. Tried to stay true to the String but somehow strayed a bit ;)
Love the 3 suggested tangles! I chuckle when I hear myself talking out loud when I do tangles like W2, Cadent or Huggins to keep track of where to draw the lines...inside or outside the small squares.. "In, out...in, out...in, out" lol Anyone else do that?
Have a nice weekend!
 Tangled Tidbits -
I think we all must do both - laugh and talk to ourselves!
*pretty layers of Indy-rella, weighted curves of Flux


From Baafke (The Netherlands) ~
Herewith my entry for this week.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Indy-rella borders and Well flows from the string lines


From Hilary (Chicago) ~
Thanks for another great challenge. I decided to go wonky with Well and use that as a background. After that I put Flux and Indy-rella along the string lines, and bingo! I’m done! Actually it wasn’t quite that easy. I have practice pages and at least three other versions in the Rejected Pile. As I said, a great challenge!


Tangled Tidbits - 
*great plume of Flux, Indy-rella filled string loops, and detailed Well


From JoAnne (Ontario, Canada) ~
Here is my contribution to the IAST challenge.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*highlights and soft colors accent lovely, lovely tangles


From Margarete (Germany) and here on her blog ~
thank you for this interesting challenge. I enjoyed it very much to tangle a combination of your string and the given patterns. You can find my tile also on my blog under the link A wonderful weekend to you and your family and best wishes from Germany!

And to you and yours, too!
Tangled Tidbits - 
*large Indy-rella, Well, and Mooka framed with pretty tangles and details


From Rhonda Roy (British Columbia, Canada) ~
Here is my version of IAST#266. It's been a while since I posted, but I always enjoy seeing all the beautiful work every week in my inbox!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Indy-rella flows to and fro and Flux shines with generous overlapping, soft shading, and darkened in between spaces


From Lori Byerly (Washington State) and here on her blog ~
Thanks for this week's challenge. It's been fun reacquainting myself with patterns I learned a few years ago. It was a nice refresher course. :)
 Tangled Tidbits -
*elegant Well and Flux feature long lines, deep shading, and weighted lines



From Angie Gittles (Maryland) ~
Definitely not a string I would choose on my own, so thank you for helping me step out of my box. Also, glad I was able to sneak a couple of indy-rella tangles in there. I did not think that tangle was going to make it onto this tile.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Well rimmed with Flux, accented with detail lines, black sparkled perfs, and a touch of Indy-rella!


From Gudrun (Germany) ~
October is almost over - it's Halloween soon. And so my tile is inspired by Halloween.
Warm autumn greetings from Germany
 Tangled Tidbits -
*warm colors for the season in each tangle and a Flux in Flux variation


From Sra (India) ~
Another challenge with basic tangles I couldn't ignore - do give us more of these! I'm happy with how it turned out.
Have a good week!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Well filled background for a pretty cluster of Flux flanked Indy-rella


From Lynn G (Florida) ~
I really like using the original Zentangle tangles. Thanks for the challenge.

Tangled Tidbits -
*colors carry over from the gem filled string loops
*wonderful roundness and movement in all the tangles

From VenaC (Whitby, Ontario, Canada) ~
Blue skies and autumn leaves. Winter is coming and the trees are changing colour. It is all very beautiful with all that yellow and red, but it does mean that winter is not far away.

Tangled Tidbits -
*beautiful tangles and colors, separate yet very cohesive


From Laurel Davis, CZT (New York) ~
I’ve missed a few weeks, so belated congratulations on the new granddaughter and E-book!
 Thank you, Laurel!
Tangled Tidbits -
*Indy-rella stars and a great Halloween infused Flux :)


From Maike (Germany) ~
Greetings from Maike (Germany). I send you my tile for IAST 266. One of my favorite patterns is flux, so I was very happy, that you chose it for this weekly challenge.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Flux bubbles up and spills over and coupled with the Indy-rella background, creates fabulous dimension


From Nor'dzin (Wales, United Kingdom) ~
Thanks for a great combination of tangles. Flux was the only one I already knew. I love indy-rella - what a great tangle.
Best wishes to you and all, from a rather cold Wales.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*dark arua around Flux highlights the lighter Indy-rella and shading accents Well


From Lin H., CZT (Florida) ~
Thanks for your latest challenge, Adele. I tried tranzending the tangle Well which may have worked better if my tile had more black to it but it was fun working with the three original tangle patterns.

Tangled Tidbits -
*tranzending Well and a soft, pretty shaded aura


From Ginger White (California) ~
Attached is my contribution this week. The strings reminded me somewhat of a ghost, and the full moon gave way to crescent moon variation!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*alternating light and dark Well sections and a spooky guest!


From LynnF (Florida) ~
Brrrr,
Today it’s getting a little chilly. The patterns made me think of a warm underwater scene with happy Indy-rellas swimming around the flux and well flowers.
Thanks for another fun challenge!
Tangled Tidbits - 
*movement, light and dark, color, and lovely tangles



From Ria Matheussen, CZT (Belgium) ~
I enjoyed this challenge with three original tangles very much.
I made my drawing on a white tile with black, braun and red pens and
finished with ordinary colourpencils.
Also in Belgium some festivites for Halloween have started and the
children have one week hollidays, but I think in the United States and
Canada this theme is more popular. Anyway, I like this time of the year
very much with so many beautiful colours in nature and nice evenings...
I'm looking forward to see the other entries and wish you all the best,
Warm regards from Belgium
 Tangled Tidbits -
*autumnal colors, tangles, and enhancements - sparkle, shading, lighter detail lines - fabulous!



A very warm welcome to Katharina Sasse from Germany (and here on her blog) ~
Dear Adele. after four years of almost constant drawing - two of them being seriously ill - I dare to take part in your challenge. Zentangle for me was love at first sight, but going into the open is frightening for me. But in all these years watching the challenges and many blogs of people participating I found people in the Zentangle community treat each other with respect and love. So I want to thank you for your commitment.
Greetings from Germany
 Tangled Tidbits -
*alternating directions for the Well detail lines and string lines filled with Flux and Indy-rella
That Indy-rella loop is fabulous.
Welcome to our IAST community - a very loving one, indeed - and welcome to our Tangled Map ~




From Ulrike (Germany) ~
Here is my entry for IAST #266. Many thanks for another great challenge.
Best regards from Germany.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*double lines, black sparkled perfs, and center shading - wonderful Well details
*wonderful use of white space


From Jody Genovese, CZT (New York) ~
Nothing to say but this was fun and I will see you next Sunday!! Can’t wait! Safe travels.
 Tangled Tidbits -
zenAgain, here we come!
*remarkable detail, tangle variations, and composition
*pretty Purk and Tipple


From Sharon Fite (California) ~
Thanks for the ghostly string, Adele, and I love the tangles. I added Crescent Moon. Wishing everyone a happy All Hallows' Eve!

Tangled Tidbits - 
*glowing white on black and a festive take on the string!

From Allison Armstrong (California) ~
I know this entry is late, but I wanted to show it to you anyway. Plus I have a tip about how to draw Well that Romi Marks CZT told me. To the lines of Well right you need to make sure you are drawing a 6. If you aren’t then the line is going the wrong way. Here’s my IAST #266. Thank you for doing all that you do.
 Thank you for passing that along!
Tangled Tidbits -
*well positioned Well give the string loops 'eyes'
*gray surrounding tangles help Well stand out


From Susan Theron (Velddrif, South Africa) ~
Thanks for another wonderful challenge.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*wonderful Well center and tangles surround
*string loops left white with soft shading


From Sharyn Penna, CZT (Massachusetts) ~
This was such a cool string! It’s like a mirror image of an angel with arms stretched out.
Well still confounds me ... so many lines ... I think it needs a very even grid and mine are pretty wonky. Mooka to the rescue in a variation of Well-Mooka-Z.
Cheers to the angels in our midst ...
Tangled Tidbits - 
*tangles seem to flow up and outward from the center Well-Mooka-Z
*beautifully clustered Flux features overlapping lines and dark fill


From Felicity Strohfeldt (Velddrif, South Africa) ~
Hope life is still treating you well. Here we continue to try and keep cool in +35°celcius days. Very extreme temperatures for October in our neck of the woods.
Challenge 266 with it’s bevvy of classic zentangle patterns had me totally phased at first. My usual reaction: I walk away and let it brew for a while.
When I returned to the challenge, no clue, so picked up the pen, started at middle left edge with Flux and I was off. I had a fascinating time. Returned to only black and white this week. Well went for spin and Indy-rella flowed and added dimension from left to right across the tile.
Thank you for an interesting challenge as always. To Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas for the splendid classic patterns.
Have a great week.
Tangled Tidbits - 
*flow and fun and fabulous tangles all beautifully blended together
*Flux fills just a bit of Well's dark space


From Trudi (Woodview, Ontario, Canada) ~
Greetings Adele! Not a busy week so I'm actually catching up on things. Hope all is well with you and your family.
 Thank you, and you, too - hope you are feeling well....
Tangled Tidbits -
*Flux takes flight against a detailed alternating Indy-rella/Well background


From Antony Visconti (Milan, Italy) ~
I know it's late but I thought I'd share with you what came out of this fun challenge in any case.
It's a bit spooky.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Indy-rella filled spooky string
*great light and dark spaces along with weighted lines and soft shading



Thank you all so very much for sending in your beautiful tiles for us to learn from and enjoy.

Many thanks to Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts for their lovely tangles: Flux, Indy-rella, and 
Well.

Check back Tuesday afternoon for IAST #267!







No comments:

Post a Comment