Tuesday, July 3, 2018

"It's a String Thing" #250 WooHoo!

It's Tuesday, your good news day!

And this is the 250th time I have greeted you with those words.  Isn't that incredible?

It is remarkable for many reasons, but most of all because you have returned week after week to observe and/or take part in our tangled adventures.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your participation.

As if this alone was reason enough to celebrate, July 4th marks Independence Day here in the United States.  Fireworks light up the sky all over this blessed nation.

It is certainly a good news day as we begin with this string ~

IAST # 250 String by Adele Bruno, CZT

The tangles we will use include :

Tira by Ragged Ray
This tangle brings to mind fireworks and I am so happy to feature a tangle by Jem (Tira debuted in IAST #168).  She first joined  IAST for #8 - a long time ago on her beautiful tangle journey. 
And, if I am not mistaken, she just celebrated a birthday last week, so Happy Birthday to Jem and to the USA as well 🎂 !

Ahh by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts
This is a fitting tangle for our landmark challenge.  After all, where would we be without the wonderful creation of this art form?  A simple, yet elegant pattern, Ahh will add a festive touch to our tiles.
I have posted my notes about Ahh before (Click here to view.) and just recently noticed an upswing in views for the page. 
A bit of detective work lead me to a new website by the name of Tangle List (Click here to view.)
It is a fabulous resource of tangles and links to helpful posts about each.
I have added it to my list of related blogs and sites on the bottom left.  I hope you find it as helpful as I do.


Keep in mind that strings are merely suggestions. As with all IAST adventures, simply pencil in the string and let the tangles lead the way. 

Here are the (Not so) Official Guidelines: 
* Challenges are posted on Tuesdays.
*Use the string posted for the week and some or all of the suggested patterns
* Submit a photo of your tile saved as jpg or scan your tile (300 dpi or higher) and save as a jpg
*Email your jpg file as an attachment to - brunoadelem@gmail.com
*Entries for IAST are to be submitted by Saturday evening of the week issued
*Photos, notes, and the 'Tile for Honors' are (usually) posted on the following Monday 


Send in your photos - you will encourage and inspire fellow Zentangle® enthusiasts all over the world. WHEN YOU SIGN YOUR NAME, PLEASE INCLUDE WHERE YOU LIVE. 
FOR EXAMPLE: ADELE BRUNO (FLORIDA)

PLEASE NOTE: It is not necessary for you to have a blog or website to participate. 

If you do have a blog or website, I will add a link upon request. 
Please include the site specific URL. 

I look forward to your emails.

Enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. Dear Adele, congratulations on 250 challenges for us!! I thank you from the bottom of my heart. As best I can remember, I've been with you from #149, but no, you have never seen me, because I have neither the equipment nor the knowledge to post my tangles. Just know that I'm here(and I bet there are a lot more of us "silent" participants)and that I'm grateful to you for all the work you've done for us. Thank you.

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am grateful to know you've been here and for so long!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the shoutout! Your "Tips for Tangling" series have helped immensely on my tangling journey, and I'd glad that they're getting extra attention!

    Congratulations on hitting 250!

    ReplyDelete