Monday, June 4, 2018

"It's a String Thing" #245 Tiles

This was one yummy IAST adventure.  We celebrated National Donut Day with a string and tangles with sweet treats in mind. 

I do hope that while you tangled this wonderful adventure, that you enjoyed a sweet treat, or two!

My son, Louie, and my granddaughter, Ella, accompanied me to our favorite donut shop on Friday.
Kripsie Kreme's promotion included a free donut for each customer.   Word about the delicious day must have spread because the bakery was packed and we opted for the drive-thru window. 
We devoured the delicacies even before we left the parking lot.
Louie enjoying the free donuts on National Donut Day
Caution:  If you aren't hungry now, you may be by the end of this post!

Let's take a look ~


The first tile arrived from Sally Whiteman (New Zealand) ~
Attached is my tile for the 245 challenge.
We don't have donut day in New Zealand but it sounds very delicious. Enjoy!

Tangled Tidbits - 
That makes me wonder if an excuse is needed, you can always borrow our day :)
*shading adds even more roundness to the beautifully tangled string sections
*waves of Hollibaugh in the background


From Sherry Conte (Sanford, Florida) ~
This was loads of fun. Sorry, I do not care for donuts.

 Tangled Tidbits -
*a Stircles spiral!
*Tattle and Crescent Moon filled Stricles



From Sandra (Germany) and here on her blog ~
today I had time for tangling and I really loved your given string with these "cookies" on it ;-)
I used Stircles and C-bun and had a lot of fun to tangle my tile. Thank you so much for this challenge!
Many greetings to you from germany
 Tangled Tidbits -
*blackened sections in a creative C-bun variation
*intersecting Stircles



From Lily (Hungary) ~
... here is my tile for your weekly challenge.
Zenhug
 Tangled Tidbits -
*a Tattle sprinkled 'donut' and a C-bun 'bun'
*bold Stircles blends into the dark background




From Shirly Wohlsen (Queensland, Australia) ~
Attached is my Tile for ‘It’s A String Thing #245’ Challenge
I made it all about the Donut

 Tangled Tidbits -
...delicious donuts at that!
*C-bun spiral, Crescent Moon filled Stircles
*light, lovely Tattle sprinkled white string space



From Margarete Gilge (Germany) and here on her blog ~
thank you for this interesting challenge. A second tile you can find on my blog under the link.
I wish you a wonderful weekend!
Best wishes from Germany

Tangled Tidbits - 
*two C-bun spirals, Printemps filled Stircles
*Tattle makes a great filler


From Susie (St. Louis, Missouri) ~
I just couldn’t get the string to cooperate. Can’t wait to see how everyone handles it.
Happy June everyone!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*pretty sparkled Stircles and floating circles in the black background
*vertical and horizontal C-bun lines alternate



From Baafke (The Netherlands) ~
I had no idea how to draw the patterns in this string.
So I decided to first draw the 3 patterns and then draw the string.
I think the result is funny
 Tangled Tidbits -
That is a fun idea!
*bold and light Tattle in each corner with aura frames the tangles
*large field of bold Stircles



From Jutta Gladnigg, CZT (NRW, Germany) ~
"Your theory of a donut shaped universe is fascinating, Homer..." (’Stephen Hawking’ in a 1999 episode of "The Simpsons“)
Thank you, Adele! So fun again this time...
 Tangled Tidbits -
Great quote!
*Tattle stands out with thin and thick lines, deep shading
*wonderful roundness to all the tangled spaces, great balance of light and dark


From VenaC (Whitby, Ontario) ~
I did two tiles. The other one was all in colour but I think this one looked more dramatic with only one side in colour and the other side in black. I liked Strickles but the other two not so much. What was the name of the kids spinner toy? I looked in a toy shop but couldn't find anything to make circles by spinning. I really liked your button.
 Tangled Tidbits -
The tool I used for zenbuttons was a spin art machine meant for splattering paint.  There are many brands on the market but the one I bought was from the Michael's craft store, their Creatology brand.
*off set shadow of C-bun and string sections shaded to define
*dramatic to have black and white and colorful Stircles side-by-side



From Ingrid (The Netherlands) ~
Here is my just my tile IAST # 245 for this week.
With lots and lots of LOVE.
Have a blessed week ahead. Big hug.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*curved Tattle, spiraled C-bun
*light, medium, and dark spaces all beautifully shaded



From Trudi (Woodview, Ontario, Canada) ~
Greetings Adele! We've had a lovely week here in central Ontario a couple of humid days but after the winter that never wanted to leave I'm not complaining! Learned so new tangles this week, thank you.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*colorful tangles and shapes against a black and white Tattle filler
*C-bun single line spiral


From Sharon Fite (California) ~
A fun challenge to start off June, and a good reason to visit the bakery! I used a 6x6" watercolor tile. I inked the tangles first and followed by a wash with my Koi field kit and shading with colored pencils. I used an Arukas treatment on C-bun, Florz variation and multi-colored Tattle on the spiral, and (not Hibred, not Munchin, grrh, I can't think of the name!) tangle with the Strircles tanglenhancer. Very fun!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*a very creative blend of tangles and techniques
*multi-colored Tattle, each line a different color


From Lin H, CZT (Florida) ~
Thanks for your latest challenge, Adele. My results are mostly light and airy but I was happy to follow your string this time! :)
 Tangled Tidbits -
Light and airy - the best kind of donut!
*Tattle filled string circles and a lovely single lined Tattle spiral
*crosshatched Stircle details



From Jane (Dorking, United Kingdom) ~
...I do hope you enjoyed all those donuts! What a great idea! Enjoyed creating this tile almost as much as I do eating donuts and what wonderful tangles these were to play with.
Thanks too for the honours last week, totally blown away!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*weighted lined spirals and C-bun, tapered Tattle lines
*string sections defined with wonderful shading


From Karen Herstowski (Atlanta, Georgia) ~
In honor of Donut Day a colorful array of imaginary goodies. I always marvel at the brilliant colors available to tint frosting in the baking aisle. Yup, even black.
I loved the combinations and there actually is a section of Tattle. It is in the green coil in the bottom right. I used a light gray fine point marker over the green pencil - so subtle.
Thanks to all for this fun challenge!
 Tangled Tidbits -
*Tattle - subtle and very detailed
*brilliant colors framed with bold black lines and spaces



From Karen Buse (California) ~
Lately I've been thinking I should try using color in my tangles but this was not how I thought it would happen…lol. I think the two prints of Wayne Thiebaud food paintings in our kitchen got the better of me. Not my usual style but really fun all the same.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*"really fun" colors and tangles and shapes
*colorful tangles framed with white and black spaces


From Lynn G (Florida) ~


Tangled Tidbits -
*delicious coloring and shading
*layered shapes float above a light background


This is my tile ~
I started with visions of pink icing and sprinkles in my head, but after I penciled in the border and string, all I could see was Stircles.  I drew curved lines diagonally from left to right over the entire tile, tangled C-bun in the middle sections, and Tattle to either end of that.  Crescent Moon and black alternating sections of the Tattle filled Stircles added some weight.  Shading and touches of white Micron 10 finished it up.  Something foreign to my initial intentions, but I ended up liking it... 

 
And now...

the tile for honors this week...

was sent in by...


Lisette  from Switzerland ~
Thank you for this new challenge. In the first moment I had no idea what to do with the patterns nor the string. But all of a sudden it went on and on and on. A tile that makes me happy.
Big hugs to everyone
 Tangled Tidbits -
*gorgeous shaded and highlighted center gems
*circular tangles tucked into a Tattle border
*tranzending C-bun
*Crescent Moon filled Stircles
*sparkled Stircles spiral

Congratulations, Lisette!


 Many thanks to the creative minds behind the tangles we used this week ~

 Stircles by Molly Hollibaugh, CZT

Tattle by Milde Weiss, CZT

C-bun
 by Esther Piszczek, CZT

Thank you one and all for sending in your artwork for the rest of us to enjoy and work up an appetite for sweets!


 Check back Tuesday afternoon for "It's a String Thing" #246!









1 comment: