Monday, September 4, 2017

"It's a String Thing" #210 Tiles

This week's challenge celebrated a Tickled to Tangle milestone - 1,000.000 views - woohoo!
The string contained six orbs and the tangles were all round in nature.

Let's take a look ~

The first tile arrived from Trudi (Woodview, Ontario, Canada) ~
I liked all these Tangles so to me this was a fun endeavor. Thanks for the great ideas Adele.
 Tangled Tidbits -
*sparkle and stripes
*lovely details for Purk


From Margarete Gilge (Germany) and here on her blog ~
congratulations, one million visitors are fantastic! My little tile cannot adequately reflect this incredible number. But perhaps all the submissions together can celebrate this wonderful jubilee. Thank you for your engagement!
I enjoyed to draw my tile with the combination of your given patterns. Especially I like Jetties. They always remind me of christmas balls.
Best wishes from Germany,


Tangled Tidbits -
*Christmas cheer in Jetties and it carries into Purk
*deep black background and sparkled black orbs of Lollywimple


From Hilary (Chicago) ~
Wow, Adele, 2017 has been a banner year for you! Congratulations again. A million views, that's so amazing. Of course I'm sure I'm responsible for a lot of them while searching for your tangling tips.
Here's my # 210. My Lollywimple and Jetties just sort of merged, but I think they go well together. I like it when Purk has really dramatic shading, but I didn't think that would work with my bright paper, so I went with a lighter touch.
Thanks again for the opportunity and most of all best wishes on many more successes!

 Tangled Tidbits - 
I thank you for all of the visits, Hilary :)
*very creative morphing of Jetties and Lollywimple
*aura-ed orbs of Purk


From Jody Genovese, CZT (New York) ~
HAPPY 1,000,000+ views..oh my goodness that is super duper amazing!!! Congratulations to you. I can think of no one who deserves to be looked at more ;o)
Here is my tile. I had to resist putting purk in every circle as it is one of my mac n’ cheese tangles. I decided to challenge myself and use it as a background. Kind of interesting.
This was a fun one. Here’s to a million more!

Tangled Tidbits - 
Thank you, Jody!
*Purk background and Purk on Purk - awesome ideas
*Lollywimple bands for Jetties


From Shirley Wohlsen (Queensland, Australia) ~
I enjoyed this week’s set of Tangles, especially Sandy Hunter’s Lollywimple,
Such a versatile Tangle, I’m looking forward to seeing all the different variations on each tile submitted.
I have drawn Maria Thomas’s Jetties and Purk Tangles before and was delighted to use them again.
Tangled Tidbits - 
*gorgeous variation of Lollywimple - light, airy, and finished with curls
*Jetties and Purk share deep, black spaces



From Aileen (Singapore) and here on her blog ~
This is my IAST #210 contribution! I don't think I've ever used quite so many tangles in a single tile! Thank you for the challenge!
Rainbows and raindrops in sunny Singapore
Tangled Tidbits - 
*pretty array of tangles fill the string orbs
*shading and sparkle make them shine


From Jane Rhea (Indiana) ~
Congratulations on your "tickled" milestone! How wonderful! A million thanks for your inspiration, enthusiasm and creativity that encourages us to explore our artwork in new ways! Cheers to you!

Tangled Tidbits - 
Thank you, Jane!
*gorgeous look to Lollywimple with alternating white and black spaces
*Purk borders and Jetties accent


From Susie (St. Louis) ~
I tried the string and the spaces were just too small. Then, I put too many jetties in and the top looked neckeed! So I added stuff at the top. Then there was just toooo much white so I added the black on the sides. Now, it's just too crowded and busy looking, eeh! Any suggestions are welcome.
Tangled Tidbits -
I'll wager that when you look at this pretty tile now, you can see the beauty in it.
*light Lolllywimple pops against dark borders
*Purk rises from a base of Jetties



From Gabriela Garcia (Alberta, Canada) and here on her blog ~
I had so much fun with this challenge, Thank you Adele!. I loved trying Lollywimple in different ways, it is such a beautiful tangle! Purk and Jetties were fun too, I added a little bit of Printemps to one of the Jettie's spheres just to bring a little bit of more texture and color. Congrats on the 1,000,000 visits!!!!
Greetings from Canada!
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Gabriela!
*fancy variations of Lollywimple
*Perk filled Jetties - all with beautiful blends of brown and blue


A very warm welcome to Aishwarya Darbha (India) - tile also here on her blog ~

Tangled Tidbits -
*circular Lollywimple
*pretty Perk infused Jetties

Welcome to our IAST community, Aishwarya, and to our tangled map ~



From Priscilla DeConti, CZT 28 (Kingston, New York) ~
Sorry I missed your 5th year celebration but I was there in spirit and am glad for your milestones!!
Here is my entry for this week...again challenging but fun
Here is to another 5 years and more!!
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Priscilla!
*sparkle for all three tangles
*dark background of Purk accents the playful colors



From VenaC (Whitby, Ontario) ~
This truly was a challenge. This is my fourth attempt. Thanks for all you do to put these challenges together. I had never used a string until I started doing your challenges.
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Vena.
*wispy variation of Lollywimple
*stacks of Jetties and spiraled variation of Purk



From Vonnie Schneider (St. Paul, Minnesota) ~
Congrats on the milestone!! Thanks for the fun challenge, helped me unwind after a full week of moving classrooms and setting up for the coming school year in after school care.
Tangled Tidbits -
Cheers to a wonderful school year!
*three delightful directions for Purk
*Jetties filled Lollywimple



A very warm welcome to Christine Courtois (France) ~
I used only the string because i did’nt read Tangles propositions in your post. Sorry.
The mono Tangle used is “MESMERISE” by Tomas Padros
Tangled Tidbits -
*deep black background
*sparkled orbs and rounded corners
Welcome to our tangled map and to our IAST community, Christine!


From Denise Fairbank (Concord, New Hampshire) ~
Congratulations Adele on "one MILLION views"!! Like you said...that's a lot of zeros and what better way to celebrate than to tangle with them. It was bittersweet to see that you suggested purk as one of the tangles.....I've struggled with purk for so long. It was time for me to embrace it and give it what I had. I look forward to viewing how others celebrated with you and adding to those zeros.....

Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Denise.
*Perk shines in many variations (it pays to push passed your comfort zone!)
*wonderful shading highlights Lollywimple orbs and the other tangles, too.


From Lynn Gotham (Florida) ~
My take on your 210 IAST challenge.
Tangled Tidbits -
*outlined and aura-ed string spaces
*beautiful brown, light, Lollywimple with just a touch of shading


From Thekla (Berlin, Germany) ~
and here is my tile for IAST #210.
Greetings from Berlin, Germany
Tangled Tidbits -
*shaded arua of Lollywimple adds depth
*Jetties tucked into pretty Purk orbs


From Sra (India) ~
I saved the back of a wedding invitation that came in pale lavender and used it to draw this week's piece. I hesitated about using the white but I told myself to take a leap and I am glad I did. Miles to go, I know, but still ... I signed the tile but it's way down.
Have a nice week! Congratulations on the milestone!
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Sra.
*lovely Lollywimple border
*black and white Jetties with varied details


From Lily (Hungary) and on her Instagram ~
Congratulations for the fantastic milestone! Here is my tile for your special challenge:
ZenHug
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Lily.
*glorious shading and highlights of all three tangles
*Lollywimple and Purk used along string arcs and orbs
*beautifully pleasing mix of brown, black, and white


From Kate (United Kingdom) ~
A rather belated congratulations on your 4th birthday and also your 1
million milestone!!
My tile doesn't quite have a million o's but it did seem like it at
times!!
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Kate.
*Jetties pops into Lollywimple - wispy lines at a light touch
*spiraling Purk, beautifully shaded


From Cha'Co (France) ~
This is my contribution to IAST #210. I discovered PURK and I love it: it's like a shell, a jewel or a strange animal... I have already used LOLLYWIMPLE and I love it too, even if it gave me a hard time for this challenge. I did not know JETTIES but I now adopted it: too fun I have a lot of fun with this challenges. Thanks to you !
Tangled Tidbits -
*sensational Lollywimple orb complete with highlights, shading, and curls
*varied sizes of Jetties


From Karen Herstowski (Atlanta, Georgia) ~
Another noteworthy celebration! What a wonderful milestone.
Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Karen.
*fabulous shading and highlights, soft and illuminating
*deep black background adds to the glow of the beautiful tangles


From Wendy Hoffman (Eugene, Oregon) ~
This is only the second time I've managed to get a tile in for IAST. Hope to do more...In doing this one, I really got to expand my thinking about ways to draw Purk! I think I'm learning to love it!

Tangled Tidbits -
*highlights and shading pull all the tangles together against the black background
*brown and black aura for Lolllywimple


From Sue Leslie, CZT (New Mexico) ~
Fun with orbs of all kinds including trying a few dew drops with it too. Thanks for the challenges even tho I don’t get to do them every week on time to submit them to you. I still do some of them later and is always fun. Happy Labor Day weekend!

Tangled Tidbits -
*layered and light and lovely Lollywimple
*Purk and Jetties filled string orbs


From Sharon Fite (California) ~
A million views?! It boggles the mind, doesn't it? I love all the tangles, but the tile got a bit busy, and Jetties didn't make it in this time. A tangle for another day. Thanks for all you do, Adele!
Tangled Tidbits -
*round Lollywimple, aura-ed to the center and finished in Mooka style
*black surrounds anchor the Purk alternating corners


From Jill Clements (Tucson, Arizona) ~
I had to add some ripped screen because otherwise the tangles seemed to be floating out there. Each of the tiles for this week were new to me to do. I had seen Purk and Jetties but hadn't done them before. I want to try Lollywimple as a border.
I am trying to figure out how you each take your photos to submit because they all seem similar. Is there some program you are using? If someone could email me (djsclements2@aol.com) or post a PM to me on FB (Jill Plotner Clements) that would be awesome.
I am enjoying having a string and patterns to use to challenge myself. Thanks Adele.
Tangled Tidbits -
As far as photos, I use my iphone on the square setting.  Perhaps others will have more suggestions for you.
*two large, lovely Purk
*Jetties in varying sizes and a light Lollywimple


From Ute Andresen (Germany) ~
best wishes and congratulations for 1 Million views! How many zeros are that? How many views of people getting inspiration there at your home of tangles. Thank you!
Here comes my tile for It’s a String Thing #210.
It was really joyful for me to draw one small ball after one other and making these ribbons and something sculptural. And I realized myself whispering Ooh and Mmhh. It made me smile.

Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Ute!
*Lollywimple along the string lines and shaded spaces accent all the tangles
*dark spaces of Jetties and Purk make them stand out


From Marla Mendenhall (California) ~
Boy oh boy. If anyone isn't thrilled with circles or has difficulty drawing them (I'm raising my hand), this week's String-Thing was quite a challenge. There's nothing like getting shoved outside your comfort zen-zone trying to make circle ends meet.
I do struggle sometimes with not taking each week's suggested string literally, so for Tile #1 I instead wove Lollywimple around the string's circles, more or less, and added a couple of circular variations of it. Playing with possibilities led me on to the variant forms in Tile #2. I'm rather pleased with both tiles, though I could wish my circles were rendered, well, more circular (perfectionist that I am). But I'm rather proud of the Border Queen, who creates surrounds out of patterns that aren't even meant to be borders, for abstaining from her usual easy go-to. (And what restraint it took too!)
Lollywimple, Lollywimple, Lollywimple Gotta love that name, and is it too fun to say or what? Have a Lollywimple day. Well I'll be aLollywimple. Up your ... well, you get my gist.
Dearest Adele, congratulation on another milestone. That's several in the last few months, you lucky lady, and all well deserved. Now cut it out.
 Tangled Tidbits -
I'm laughing too hard to write...thank you, Marla - once again!
*Lollywimple strings, Purk accents, crescent aura, Fescu finishes
*tumbling Jetties and wonderful shading to top it all off
*incredible variations of Lollywimple - and yes, the name is that good :)
*Lollywimple, Jetties, and Purk nestle in Lolllywimple spaces



From Brenda Urbanik, CZT (South Africa) and here on her blog ~
Thank you for this challenge, I needed a break from all my other sketching.
Have a blessed day!
Tangled Tidbits -
*each string orb features a different tangle and/or variation
*aura, shading, and black background give the tangles wonderful depth


From Felicity Strohfeldt (Velddrif, South Africa) and here on her blog ~
Congratulation on your millionth viewing. Well done, it’s all down to your amazing efforts every week.
We’ve been following the devastation from Hurricane Harvey this week. Hope that it has abated and that things can return to normal. So much water there and still so little here.
Tile 210 kept me mulling for a while this week, but, eventually I went into intrepid zenmode and dove in. Lollywimple by Sandy Hunter and Purk and Jetties by Maria Thomas are beautiful patterns, ideal for this celebratory challenge. As always the end product astounded me, especially when I’d completed the shading. All in all, a whirling happy tile.
Hip,Hip Hooray for Adele’s 1 million milestone.
 Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Felicity!
*a whirling, whimsical, happy blend of tangles
*multiple stripes for Jetties, and shading accentuates the beautifully detailed tangles


From Sharyn Penna, CZT (Massachusetts) ~
Holy septuple digits, Batman! How awesome is it that it coincided with the IAST zenniversary and onset to a half-decade, oh my!
Speaking of zenniversary ... I haven't mentioned how much I liked/appreciated your thank you zendala (posted August 16) ... it reminds me of 45rpm records from way back when.
Would a million tipple fit on a tile ... and how long would it take ... and who would count all those little orbs? That's what went through my mind as I tangled my tile.
Loved the six orb string and the many variations of each tangle. Can't wait for the big reveal!
Cheers and a great big thank you for your continued energy and creative prompts and posts.

 Tangled Tidbits -
Thank you, Sharyn - I could feel your enthusiasm just reading your words!  Your mention of one million tipple sounds way too tempting...just sayin'!
*Lollywimple and Purk variations in rows, crisscrossed, and basic
*lightly penciled aura compliments the wonderful shading


And now...

the tile for honors this week...

was sent in by...

 Cyndee Pelley, The Tireless Tangler (Oklahoma) and her tile is also here on her blog ~
...You have been inspirational in the last few months while I was unable to write. I have been with you despite my inability to blog or draw much. It's wonderful to know everyone is still here now that I'm back! I'm in awe and more than a bit envious of your million! Congratulations on your success and I'll be looking forward to...next week!
Tangled Tidbits -
*shading, highlights, deep colors, black background - all add wonderful depth
*different tangles and variations fill each string orb
*Jetties bubbles up from the bottom corner - each one finished with its own details
*rows of Lollywimple accented with dots

Congratulations and thank you, Cyndee!
I have a little something coming in the mail for you.

Many thanks to everyone for sending in your precious tiles.  You inspire all of us and help build this wonderfully supportive IAST community.

Kudos to the creators of the tangles we used this week along with my string 

 Lollywimple by Sandy Hunter, CZT

Jetties by Maria Thomas

Purk by Maria Thomas

Cheers to the next milestone together!

Check back tomorrow afternoon for IAST #211.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful entries and fun comments. Thanks for the round-up. I will use your 'Square' photo tip from now on, Adele! - Sra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am beyond honored! This is the first time my art has been recognized like this and I can't tell you what a confidence boost this was! Thank you so much! ����❤️��

    ReplyDelete