Friday, July 4, 2014

"Star Tangled Banner" Mailbox

This is the mailbox I finished just in time for the Fourth of July ~

Patriotic ZIA mailbox by Adele Bruno, CZT

I followed the same basic process that I used for my Halloween mailbox.  You can  Click here to see pictures and directions for that project.

This is what the box looked like after the red and blue stars were added using acrylic paints.



One thing I did differently this time was to use a Sukura Identi-Pen instead of my usual Sharpie paint  pen to add the black line details.

My admiration for the Identi-Pen grew in leaps and bounds during this project.   The mailbox has a shiny, very slick white enamel finish and the pen worked beautifully on that surface.  Once dry, it did not scrape or rub off.

My daughter Elena gets credit  for clever project name - "Star Tangled Banner".  Thank you!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!









2 comments: