Friday, July 25, 2014

My Summer Project - Part 5

This is the fifth of my summer ensemble tiles ~

Ensemble Tile 5 of 9 by Adele Bruno, CZT
Since this is the middle of the nine tiles, there is no border.  It just screamed "detail" to me - and I love detail.

 I used a Micron 005 for most of the tangles. Its extra fine point is perfect for tiny spaces like the inside aura of Mumsy.

The swath through the middle seemed to need broken up a bit, so I first tangled a few Mumsy. - a Sandy Bartholomew pattern and one of my absolute favorites.  Click here to read my post about it.

From there, I tangled the background with Margaret Bremner's Moving Day. Click here to read more about that wonderful pattern.
Cadent took on a much different look when I added details to the center of each section.

Over all, I'd say that Mumsy wins the day on this piece :)



3 comments:

  1. Your Mumsy's pop off the page - I feel like I could pick them. I tried that tangle a while back and it turned into a big mess - perhaps I'll have another go. Well done on braving the 005 - I'm a bit heavy handed with my pens and I worry I'll snap it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do have another go of it - I think it will become one of your favorites in time, along with the 005!

      Delete
  2. Wow, all of them are amazing and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete