Friday, August 2, 2013

Tangle a Cake?!

Last month marked many birthdays in our family and we celebrate them royally.  Not only does the birthday boy/girl get to select the dinner menu, he/she also gets to choose the cake flavor and design.  Over the years, I have made some pretty elaborate cakes. 

It was Nancy's turn in the first week of July.  Her cake request: a simple round cake decorated with Fancy Nancy - the tangle pattern that I named for her.  It was such a sweet and simple request that it warmed my heart for countless reasons.

Here are a few pictures of the process:



 First, I baked a layer cake and iced it smooth with buttercream. 
 Next, using black icing in a pastry bag, I piped Fancy Nancy around the top border of the cake.  
 
 
Lastly, I added the birthday greeting.
 
And here is the fabulous birthday girl in all her glory - complete with crown!
 

 

I have heard other Zentangle enthusiasts say that "no surface is safe" and this is proof positive in such a sweet way!

No comments:

Post a Comment