Monday, June 19, 2017

"It's a String Thing" #198 Tiles

IAST #198 was created to support and uplift a dear member of our community, Lily Moon.  We used Lily's new tangle that she created in memory of her dear daughter, along with a string line fashioned from the letter "A". 

The tiles as well as the comments written to Lily are posted below.  I have omitted any other notes as well as my usual "Tips for Tangling" to concentrate on solely showering Lily.

It is only fitting that the first tile is from Lily (Hungary) ~
Thank you so much for this wonderful challenge!
I [have]not really find my place still but you and the Zentangle family give me strength every day with your lovely words , prayers and beautiful tiles. You all are fantastic, sympathetic persons. I'm grateful to everyone all of your support.
[It is]a special privilege [for]me [to] be a member of this caring community and I'm lucky and grateful for that .God bless everyone!





From Trudi (Woodview, Ontario, Canada) ~
I was so sorry to hear of the passing of Lily's daughter I hope our Tangles this week show Lily how much she is admired and respected in our community and give her and her family some of our love.



From Joke Leussenkamp (The Netherlands) ~
Dear Adele and fellow tanglers,
Because we will be travelling for the next week's, it's impossible for me to participate in your challenge in favor of Lily.
Therefore I send you my latest ZIA, I hope it's okay with you since I really feel for Lily.
Greetings from Eibergen, The Netherlands


From Ellie Miller, CZT (Sint Marteen) ~
In memory of Lily's daughter, and with condolences on and sympathy with Lily's tragic loss...



From Lisette (Switzerland) ~
Thank you for dedicating this challenge to Lily with her new pattern Agni. It is absolutely beautiful and comforting to draw. I hope that Lily can feel our sympathy through our tangling.Love to everyone who participates, but specially to Lily



From Shirley Wholsen (Queensland, Australia) ~
Dear Lily.
It is with sincere condolences for the sad loss of your Daughter Agnes, that I dedicate my tile for ‘It’s A string Thing #198’ to you Lily,
And to thank you for your wonderful tangle AGNI, Agnes would be so proud.
I have only recently found your extraordinary beautiful work, I’m so impressed and if I could do work half as beautiful as yours I’d be very pleased.
You are in my thoughts, Lily, do take care.
Love Shirley.


From Barbara Steyer (Germany) ~
there is always less time to tangle, but I know the importance of encouragement and sympathy. For this reason I sat down yesterday to draw my attempt of 2 new tangles for Lilly Moon.
A year ago I lost my mum and the feelings are sometimes still overwhelming.I hope this will help Lilly a tiny little bit...




From Lynn Gotham (Florida) ~



From Ragged Ray (United Kingdom) ~
My tile took on a life of its own this week. As that large section of Knightsbridge formed, asking me to black in all those squares, started to doubt myself. But I stuck with it. With Agni drifting across, making its own way - surmounting both the peaks and the troughs of the landscape. And a couple of Tira breaking free to float and shimmer.




From Ilse (The Netherlands) and here on her blog ~
Lovely idea, to use Agni :-)




From Tonia (Rhode Island) ~
Thank you Adele for letting us support Lily again. Lily I hope fond memories of your daughter help you get through this tough time. Prayers and hugs sent your way. 



From Mariam G (Port Hueneme, California) ~
I have had this watercolor background laying on my desk for a while, waiting for inspiration. When I saw your string, I knew this was it.For Lily - praying that the streams of love coming your way will bring you some small amount of peace and strength.



From Gabriela Garcia (Alberta, Canada) and here on her blog ~
What a lovely idea to use for the challenge the letter "A" as a string and Lily Moon's tangle "Agni". I was in the middle of another tile using "Agni" pattern for The Diva Challenge when I read Adele's post! I think we were all in sync here ;-)
I wanted to create something special with "Agni"'s pattern, so when I wasn't very sure about my first tile with "Knightsbridge" all in the background, I decided to create a second tile which I liked much more. Thank you Adele for bringing us all together as a community with this lovely challenge.




From Siri (California) ~
It has been a while since I participated in IAST and I am so happy to be back. I loved all three tangles this week especially Agni - beautiful and intricate. Attached is my Zentangle time. Also sending lots of love to Lily and she is in my thoughts & prayers.



From Sra (India) ~



From Lin H (Florida) ~



From Susie (Thailand) ~


From Vonnie Schneider (St. Paul, Minnesota) ~


From Kate (United Kingdom) ~
My contribution to this week's challenge. A really busy week but very
much wanted to take part in this way of showing Lily that we are thinking of her.




From Sharyn Penna, CZT (Massachusetts) ~
Thank you so much for this prompt allowing us all to send our tangled comfort to Lily Moon.
My tile for Lily features her beautiful pattern, Agni surrounded by Aura (a sort of metaphor).
Ragged Ray's Tira represents Lily ... while she may feel very alone right now, Knightsbridge is there in all its glory and support.
Knightsbridge is connected, but disjointed (another metaphor ... representing all the tanglers' near and far holding Lily and family in their hearts and prayers).
I added a lot of shading ... because where there is shade there has to be a source of light.
May Lily find light and love in the days ahead.



A very warm welcome to Jane Norris (California) ~
...I used the 3 tangles you suggested but all I could see was girly pink for hope and a sun that would eventually shine again. Lily Moon’s artwork is truly amazing and by drawing this “tile of support” I hope she will know this new tangler cares too!



A very warm welcome to Wendy Hoffman, CZT (Eugene, Oregon) ~


From Jane Rhea (Indiana) ~
In honor of Lily's daughter.



From Jody Genovese, CZT (New York) ~


From Sharon Fite (California) ~
Here's my offering for this week. My heart goes out to Lily. I am wishing her great strength at this sad time.


From Marla Mendenhall (California) ~
I'm certain the beauty of Agni reflects that of Lily's daughter. One never knows what to say at a time like this, at least I don't. I hope she feels the love we send; only Spirit can give her heart peace.


From Felicity Strohfeldt (Veldriff, South Africa) and here on her blog ~
This challenge is so sad. To Lily my sincerest sympathy with the sad loss of your daughter. Thank you for the beautiful pattern Agni in memory of Agnes. God bless.
Have a peaceful week all who participated in this week’s challenge.



From Lucy Banta, CZT16 (New Jersey) ~



From Henrike Bratz, CZT (Germany) ~
For Lily: In the upper right of the tile I tangled the pattern with a little sparkle. Tangling with some sparkle is something i love which often makes me think of you - Lily. I remember very well, that I learnt how to use sparkle by studying your work. I referred to this in IAST #92 in May2015 like this:
“... But when I then tangled “kandy ribnz” I thought of Lily Moon. I think she’s a master of highlighting, which gives her work a very special and unique touch. So I tried to kind of imitate her style – first with “kandy ribnz” and then I tried to give all the other tangles a little sparkling touch as well, even the “butter”.... (Link)That’s about two yours ago now. I also own a ATC that you tangled for one of the first swaps (via France). That means you’ve got one from me as well. So somehow we’ve been connected for quite a while. My thoughts are with you in this sad time of your life. I hope that you can sparkle and shine again some day. Your art certainly can! All my best wishes for you!



From Anita A Westin (Sweden) and here on her blog ~
Here comes my entry for IAST 198. I love the pattern Agni! Thanks´s for a Beautiful challenge and giving us the chance to send our thoughts to Lily!


Lastly, my tile - made with love and prayers for Lily, her family, and the sweet repose of the soul of her dear daughter, Agnes.


 Thank you all for your outpouring of love, prayers, support, and beautiful tiles for Lily.

Many thanks to Maria Thomas for Knightsbridge  and Ragged Ray for the beautiful Tira.


On a much lighter note, please check back tomorrow afternoon for
"It's a String Thing" #200 That's CC in Roman numerals and a little hint at what's in store!

And there is more to look forward to:
"It's a String Thing" #199 Tiles will be posted on Wednesday.
Part VII of my ongoing series "Fabulous Fabriano" will be posted on Thursday.






4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and varied expressions of sympathy on Lily's loss! Thank you for the opportunity to share Lily's burden and offer her support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for allowing us to show Lily how much we think of her at this difficult time.

    And can I also say thank you to all the tanglers who showed me ways to vary my tangle, Tira, that would never have occured to me. Magic grows when shared among friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful tiles! Thank you very much all of your support! ❤️ Thank you dear Adele for the great challenge ❤️ ( and for your correction of my grammatical mistakes - I apologize but I did not have opportunity to learn this language 😞)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beauty! Here's wishing Lily happier and easier times to come! - Sra

    ReplyDelete