Thursday, January 14, 2016

Tips for Tangling Printemps

This week's "It's a String Thing" (click here for all of the delightful details) features Maria Thomas' Printemps.  
Like most Certified Zentangle® Teachers, it is one of the very first tangles I teach to new students.  
Below are my Tips for Tangling that you may find helpful when drawing Printemps.  

While this pattern is very simplistic, it is absolutely amazing to discover what can be accomplished with it.

On Wednesday's Words of Wisdom yesterday, I posted a picture of a Printemps monotangle on a zendala.  (click here to view)    You can see from my tile, just how much depth shading provides.

Printemps makes a fabulous filler.  Think of it between lines of Hollibaugh, for example.

Some times I will outline another tangle with it and then add aura.  The curves make for interesting results.

Give it a try - and join in the challenge too!

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment