Last Friday I worked up a step out based on an antique frame - click here to read that post.
Today, I hoped to do the same with this picture for inspiration -
For whatever reason, my usual process did not co-operate. Try as I may, it was just not my day to come up with a pleasing variation of this. I sketched and sketched some more - added shading and still nothing I fashioned seemed to work.
Hoping there was some salvaging of my session, I cleared my desk of everything but a tile and a Micron. What followed was a nice learning experience for me.
I began with an oval in the center of my tile. With the photograph in mind but not within sight, I drew a reasonable likeness of the frame. From there I added a background of Printemps.
That left an oval shaped center area. At first I thought to do something bold like Knightsbrigde with a curvy line grid but my mind was on our newly named granddaughter and so I filled the space with her initials.
I shaded and blended and here is the result -
This morning my initial intentions were to formulate a step out but I was pleasantly sidetracked.
A very gentle reminder that in Zentangle® the idea is not to have a preconceived notion of what you want your work to look like when it is finished. You learn to 'go with the flow'.
After shelving my frustration, I did just that and very surprisingly ended up with a ZIA piece for my soon-to- be-born granddaughter - an unexpected treat!
- My Blog
- About me
- A love for all things tangled
- My classes
- Fancy Nancy
- Mel Mel
- Pauline's Pigtail
- "It's a String Thing" Year 1
- "It's a String Thing" Year 1 Results
- "It's a String Thing" Year 2
- "It's a String Thing" Year 2 Results
- "It's a String Thing" Year 3
- "It's a String Thing" Year 3 Results