Thursday, November 29, 2018

"It's a String Thing" #270 Tiles

Our hearts were filled with gratitude for this challenge as we incorporated what we were thankful for into our tangling experience.  Using an idea from CZT Mary Bartrop, we either lightly penciled words onto our tiles before the tangles, or wrote them as we tangled.  

Thank you everyone for your Happy Thanksgiving wishes.  It is good to hear from so many of you and to know that your time was full and happy.  

Let's take a look ~

The first tile arrived from Simone (Germany) and here in her Flickr album ~
this is a very nice challenge again. Z-trik was new for me and I love it. I am sure that I will use it often.
Thank you for the work, you do with your wonderful weekly challenge.


From Joanne (New Brunswick, Canada) ~
Happy Thanksgiving Adele and to all my American online Zentangle friends!
Here is my gratitute tangle...so much to be thankful for. Lichen and Z-Trik are new to me...kind of fun to do. A few triangles on lichen are upside down..but since there are no mistakes in Zentangle ;) I was better off not trying to fix one of them.
Until next Tuesday!


From Sally Whiteman (New Zealand) ~
Thank you for another great challenge. I really enjoyed this one.
Have a great thanksgiving break.


From Baafke (The Netherlands) ~
What a wonderful idea.
My treasures are hidden under Z-trick.


From JoAnne (Ontario, Canada) ~
Happy Thanksgiving!! Even though we Canadians celebrated our Thanksgiving in October, it’s always good to give thanks for all things “Zentangle”. I appreciate the hard work that you put in to keep this weekly challenge fresh and interesting!
For this string, I couldn’t seem to incorporate the Z-Trick, so I just used the other 2!
Thanks again!


From Gale Sherman, CZT (Tucson, Arizona) ~
...I was surprised by the three tangles you chose for this IAST; it was a challenge!!! But once I wrapped my head around it I was in LOVE! You can see I used some techniques we worked with at ZenAgain- watercolor (Tombow) and white chalk on a Renaissance tile. I made this one as a gift for our friends who are hosting us and others for Thanksgiving dinner- in about an hour. Indeed DO I have gratitude for the words I included on this tile and so much more. Thank you Mary Bartrop for beginning this trend and you, Adele, for giving us this challenge this year.



From Dani (Indonesia) and here on her blog ~
This is for challenge #270.
Thank you.



From Jane Goddard (United Kingdom) ~
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your lovely family. Your apple pie looked amazing and of course delicious, what a wonderful idea!
My entry for this challenge I kept very simple as I didn’t have a lot of time available but I did enjoy the tangles immensely. General’s white charcoal added for highlights.
Thank you!


From Talia Maynard (London, United Kingdom) ~
Happy thanksgiving! I hope you and your family are having a lovely holiday.
Here's my tile for this week's challenge. I decided to make my words of gratitude more prominent than was explained, and make them a feature of the infinite shape within the string. I was quite pleased with how it turned out.


From Sherry Conte (Sanford, Florida) ~
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.


From Priscilla DeConti, CZT 28 (Kingston, New York) ~
Lovely challenge...
I had a great time doing it..unfortunately my glitter doesn't show in pictures but its there
Hope every had a great Thanksgiving!
God bless and have a good week


From Nor'dzin (Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom) ~
Happy Thanksgiving.
This week’s challenge was three new tangles for me, so thanks for that. I enjoyed them all.


From Mariam G (Port Hueneme, California) ~
This was a wonderful way to celebrate our time of thanksgiving, so thank you! I love the string - it holds so many possibilities. A lovely focus for any blessings (or challenges) that come our way.
Hope you are feeling 100% yourself by now


From Ria Matheussen, CZT (Belgium) ~
Mostly I like to add some colours but this time I was satisfied about
the result, just finished in black/white.
The string looked difficult to me at first sight but after thinking a
bit and adding a few lines, I found my way to fill the string with
those pleasant tangles and enjoyed this challenge very much.
Thank you for always surprising us and wish you all the best,
Greetings from Belgium


From Gabi (Germany) ~
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving together with your family. By the way... your pie was looking delicious!
Trick and heartstring were completely new patterns to me and not so easy to handle. Have to practice them more than once. But time was running out and there’s my result.


From VenaC (Whitby, Ontario, Canada) ~
I was contentedly drawing lines in the middle of my shield and, when I had finished, I realized that I had Maryhill and not Z-Trick. So I did Z-Trick in two corners. This was a fun challenge. I love the look of your printemp apple pie. I don't do much baking but I do enjoy apple pie.



From Laurel Davis, CZT (New York) ~
I loved your Printemps pie crust! It brought back fond memories of my mother making pinwheels out of leftover crust whenever she made an apple pie. So much to be grateful for, especially you, Adele, for making these wonderful challenges every week!


From Gudrun S. (Germany) and here in her flickr album ~
Thank you for this challenge and best regards from Germany


From Lynn G (Florida) ~



From Lin H, CZT (Florida) ~
Speaking of being grateful, Adele, I’m grateful for the chance to participate in your challenges. Have a wonderful holiday season!


From Lynn F (Florida) ~
Today was a peaceful day out on the lanai doing the challenge after a busy week enjoying the frenzy that holidays bring.
I hope you and your family, and all of our USA Zentangle family, had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Here is my tile for this week.


From Sue Agnew (Tucson, Arizona) ~
I hope you are fully recovered from your flu and were able to enjoy the "mayhem" of a big family get-together! Your apple pie looked absolutely fabulous!
This week I was enjoying playing with Lichen so much, I decided to do a monotangle. I guess you could say I took a "lichen" to it LOL. Of my three words, I was afraid "fulfillment" sounded a bit selfish, but I was trying to find a word (that started with "f") to encompass all of the creative things I enjoy, including cooking and art-making and music. This is a challenge I look forward to each year.


From AmyL (Connecticut) ~
What a fun idea with a fabulous string and some great tangles! I am glad to be back to these challenges. I hope to get back to doing them more regularly. Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for you, Adele and all that do for us!


From Jane Rhea (Indiana) ~
Thank you for your endless supply of ideas and encouragement! YOU are a special treasure to the Zentangle community!

Two former students of mine were married today, so I wrote their names and today’s date inside the string and tangled over it for this week’s IAST tile. I’m working on a zendala for them to honor their special day, but perhaps I’ll tape this tile on the back before I frame it up. I didn’t think I’d have time to draw a tile yet today, but am glad I squeezed it in!
Blessings to you and yours!


From Sharon Fite (California) ~
This is certainly a reflective time of year...counting one's blessings and giving thanks. And what a lovely idea to write the person or thing you're grateful for under the tangles. I took a more literal approach by writing in my big three in the ribbon-y areas and at the center of it all...the most important of all! Wishing you all lots of love!


From Maike (Germany) ~
my tile for IAST 270 is finally finished. I liked the idea of hiding words!
Wish you a nice week!


From Antony Visconti (Milan, Italy) ~
Happy thanksgiving.
My thanks to God for life, light and love.
And thanks to you for this challenge!



From Katharina (Germany) and here on her blog ~
Hello, Adele I was very delighted by the Idea of Mary Bartrop to fill the string with words of gratitude. The string was not enough, I covered the whole tile.


From Felicity Strohfeldt (Velddrif, South Africa) ~
Tile 270. Happy Thanksgiving Adele and all the family. Thank you for your energy, adding brand new challenge every week. Thank you for your enthusiastic and kind words for every participant each week. I sure all the participants agree you are a star!. A word of thanks to all great tangle pattern creators, especially this week’s clever artists Jennifer Hohensteiner, Yamit Fridman and Helen Williams.


From Susie (St. Louis, Missouri) ~



From Margarete Gilge (Germany) and here on her blog ~
thank you again for your enjoying challenge. I really liked your string. The idea of ​​registering things there that one is grateful for and thinking while drawing on this topic has certainly been very interesting to many. The result is very individual. Gratitude is an important trait that one learns in the course of one's life. Unfortunately, some people never learn it and only see what they do not have.
You can also see my tile on my blog under the link . Maybe I will draw another tile.
I wish you a wonderful thanksgiving and a nice weekend!
Best wishes from Germany




From Susan Theron (Velddrif, South Africa) ~



Weren't those tiles amazing? Each one is a treasure.

I am grateful for each and every one of you, your sweet notes, and good wishes.

Many thanks to the artists whose tangles we used in this week's challenge ~

Lichen by Jennifer Hohensteiner


Z-Trick by Yamit Fridman

Heartstrings by Helen Williams

Now we are all caught up with IAST results - yay!!

Have a wonderful week and don't forget to check out IAST #271 featuring CZT Jody Genovese's new tangle, XLNT.  

No comments:

Post a Comment