Thursday, May 31, 2018

Button, Button, Who Has the Button?

Ever since "It's a String Thing" #243 featured Zenbuttons, I have been totally taken with them. 

Early this week I purchased a child's art kit complete with a battery operated little spinning disc thingy - a technical term, to be sure! 

I kept the spinning disc, along with an array of markers and gel pens, set up in my studio space and worked on them a bit at a time.   For several days I explored how best to make colorful and gradated bases for Zenbuttons.  

Watching colors spin can be mesmerizing but I found it best in little doses or the room spun as well.

In the midst of a multitude of colorful combinations, I grabbed a silver pen and three shades of warm gray Tombow markers.  
This was the result ~


Ooh, I liked this one.  It had light and dark spaces, some sense of shading of the inner and outer rims of the circular sections, and shimmery silver rings.  At just under 3" wide, it was just small enough for a relaxing time tangling.
When I added fragments, very little shading was needed.  Just a touch of white charcoal pencil and voila! 
Gradations of Gray 
(2.75" in diameter)
Zenbutton by Adele Bruno, CZT

These little treasures are truly magical.  

To view CZT Marguerite Samama's zenButton instructions, click here.
To view Zenbuttons from around the world made for "It's a String Thing" #243, click here.


















1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Adele. It reminds me of an ornate shield.

    ReplyDelete