Thursday, October 20, 2016

Headed "Off the Beaten Path"


I really am headed off the beaten path, but it is actually a very unique art show by that name ~


An invitation was extended to me through the Casselberry Art House to participate in this (to quote the tour booklet) "free, self-guiding tour through Central Florida to professional artists' studios and cultural institutions."

Click here to read all about the program and the participating artists and galleries.

You will see that there are three counties listed - you can find me under Seminole County. - tour stop #11.

As my husband Lou said, agreeing to do this was very much "the next step" on this fabulous tangled journey.
I do get butterflies in my stomach when I think of what I signed up for, but at the same time, it is very exciting to be included in such a landmark event.

To quell those natural nerves, I made a list of positives as I see them:

I will be able to ~

*introduce Zentangle® to people who may not have otherwise known about it
*meet art enthusiasts from all over Central Florida
*get motivated to finish projects, get prints made of others, and spend more time tangling as I prepare my work to show and sell
*invite my artist friends to participate and sell their artwork at my tour stop
*visit and talk about art related topics for two whole days
*invite my students to come to see my studio
*bask in the love of my family and friends who have volunteered to help me

Doesn't that sound like an early Christmas treat?!

I promise to take lots of pictures and post about the weekend.  I will photograph a virtual tour, so you will feel as though you were here too.

If you live near enough to come, please consider this your invitation to do so.
I would love to see you.

In the meantime, I appreciate your support each and every time you check in with me here :)





2 comments:

  1. I have had the best time on this kind of art tours almost like a scavenger hunt! I think you will have a great time and meet many new people interested in all kinds of arts n crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right - I am really looking forward to meeting and visiting with the people who come.

      Delete