Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom

The following is something I posted in October of 2013.  For some reason this quote has been playing on a continuous loop in my head today, so here it is once more...


In an open studio last week, a fellow tangler mentioned the late painter Paul Klee and this quote of his:  "Drawing is taking a line for a walk."  

For the past week I've mulled over this happy thought and played with possibilities to illustrate it.  

I chose the idea of using a continuous line, taking it for a 'walk' wherever it might lead. 

At first I wrote the words on a single line but could not go back to dot the 'i's' and cross the 't' without picking up my pen.  After a few variations, I found that when I stacked the words on three lines, the loops added above those letters could do the trick.  

I fully intended to finish the words and end my line with Mooka, but a curious thing happened - I thought of walking our dog... and there she is!

Illustration by Adele Bruno, CZT

Which leads me to another quote of Paul Klee's:
"An active line on a walk, moving freely, without a goal.  A walk for a walk's sake."
Take a line on a walk today - you may be surprised where it takes you.
  
Have a wonderful Wednesday!







1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful quote drawn in a beautiful loopy way!

    ReplyDelete