Friday, April 17, 2015

Just For Fun

"No surface is safe."
I love to say that - especially when armed with a fresh Identi-Pen (the permanent ink pen by Sakura).

Can you guess what surface I tackled here?









It was my soon-to-be demolished kitchen counter ~


My husband and I decided that after 17 years in our 45 year old home (old by Florida standards), it was time to renovate the much outdated kitchen.
For years, we were so careful to protect the counter top from stains, knife marks, and the perils of everyday use while cooking for a large family.

On the eve of the demolition,  I suddenly saw the white expanse as a blank canvas.  Just for fun, I broke out the Identi-pens and tangled away.  

It didn't take long for our kids (and even some of their friends) to follow suit.  We had a blast.

Makes me wonder if I should incorporate a tangled counter top in the new kitchen design :)





6 comments:

  1. You lucky woman, you. My kids call my kitchen the "Three's Company Kitchen." Built in the 80's, it's so overdue for a makeover. Of course, I could really use a makeover myself but that's a different story.

    I think you should leave one wall undecorated and little by little fill it up with tangles until it's all covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! It makes me think of drawing on a cast, and the Tibetan sand mandalas. Nothing is permanent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile so much Adele! But your dog doesn't look quite as enthusiastic about tangling as you. Maybe s/he's worried you'll tangling him/her before long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, a dog could qualify as a surface ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow.. thats so cool & looks brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete