Friday, March 13, 2015

Coming Full CIrcle

This Zendala is one I completed last fall.  It was inspired by a retired Vera Bradly fabric pattern called Happy Snails. The fabric design included round sections of white, four petaled flowers that emanated from a center point.
With that idea in mind, I drew this ~

Zendala by Adele Bruno, CZT
It wasn't until I noticed these plants growing in a friend's garden, that I made a connection to an actual flower.  It is called Ixora and isn't it lovely?

Photograph by Adele Bruno, CZT
One of my mantras in teaching is to "always have a point of reference."
I used a fabric pattern for my reference point.   The designers must have used the Ixora for theirs.

Inspiration came full circle (pun intended:).

Now, that is just plain FUN!

Have a wonderful weekend.



2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely zendala and lesson on design sourcing. It's a treat for this New Englander to see flowers in bloom. Looking forward to flowers in the yard in a couple months. Cheers! Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just the prettiest Zendala Adele!

    ReplyDelete