Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Good-bye Irma

A quick update after Hurricane Irma:

My family and friends all came through the rough winds and the damage that Irma left in her wake.

Thank you all for your prayers.  I am confident that we escaped the worst of the storm's wrath because of them.

Some subsequent inconveniences are more difficult to live with, but remain minor in the big scheme of things.  Electricity and every wonderful perk that comes with it are sorely missed - hot water and air conditioning are at the top of that list.

Even as I write that, and in lieu of the fact that so many have lost home and in some cases life, these things are trivial.


It does regretfully leave me without internet access though.  I hope to resume my posts and "It's a String Thing" by the middle of next week, provided our power is restored when promised.

In the meantime, please keep emailing your tiles for IAST #211 - The Ampersand.  
I managed to tangle three: one before the hurricane, one the day of, and one the day after.  Now they are a snap shot of a weekend I will long remember.
It will be wonderful to see what all of our tiles look like together.

Again, thank you for your prayers.




9 comments:

  1. Oh Adele, I am so relieved to read your post. I've been checking your blog somewhat manically hoping to see word that you are safe. What a challenging time. I've monitored the news so often and now have a much more thorough knowledge of Floridian geography. So many people suffering so much damage. But I'm relieved to hear you are through the worst. Take all the time to need to recoup and recover and enjoy that power when it comes back on! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you...we did escape the worst and our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to everyone still recovering.
      I'll be back as soon as I can.

      Delete
  2. We saw on the news what happened in your country. I don't know how it feels in reality but I think it is horrible and I'm really glad that you and your family are well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a strange thing to experience. The storm passes in a relatively short amount of time, but the clean up and restoration can take months, up to years. Thank you for your note, Ria.

      Delete
  3. Adele, it is a relief to all to hear from you today! I am happy that you did not suffer much damage, but I know that having the power out for that long is more than just a pain. I hope they get power back up and running for you and everyone else there. (I have a cousin in Port Charlotte - they still do not know if their place is okay or not, as they have been riding out the storm with friends in another state) Take care - we are all still praying for a speedy recovery for all in Florida and Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I wish your cousin well - at least they were in a safe place to ride it out. You are right, we can't forget the good people in Texas, too.

      Delete
  4. I have been checking every few days and was getting concerned. I was so glad to open this today and read you are safe. Thank goodness. Take Care, Jill

    ReplyDelete