Monday, May 1, 2017

Fabulous Fabriano

Bounjiorno!  I am just back from our magical trip to Fabriano, Italy - a trip that I have affectionately dubbed my "Paper Pilgrimage".

There is so very much to show and tell and it will take some time to sort it all out and post. In the meantime, here is one cherished photo that captures the fulfillment of my dream: to purchase paper and sign the guest book at the Fabriano Paper and Watermark Museum.
Adele Bruno, CZT in Fabriano, Italy

I included my signature, city and state, my mark, and one little Mel Mel.
The book was made in the museum from scrumptious paper, hand bound and covered.  The feel of it added to the elation of the moment. (My hands were tingling and a bit shaky!)
Guest book cover:   "Paper...Mark formed by master hand"    Fabriano, Italy

You were all in my heart on this extraordinary adventure and I thought of you and this wonderful community as my husband and I walked the halls of the museum and the streets of Fabriano.

I will follow up with more photos by week's end.

Check back tomorrow for a special edition of "It's a String Thing" #193.

I will post the results of IAST #192 after I unpack my suitcase, I promise.





4 comments:

  1. What a very special trip! I look forward to hearing more. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I hope you enjoy the posts to come.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Italy. You look beautiful and happy on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete