Tuesday, April 11, 2017

"It's a String Thing" #192

It's Tuesday, your good news day!

This is going to be an unusual IAST and for a number of reasons.  The deadline for sending in a tile will be extended for two weeks.  Yes, two whole weeks.
With all of the celebrating and devouring of chocolate, we can slide into vacation mode and take our time.

And speaking of vacations, I will be away on what promises to be a fabulous one.
Of the many adventures that my husband and I have planned, my most anticipated is a visit to the town of Fabriano, Italy.  

The Fabriano Paper Company (click this Link to read about their history), established in 1264, is located there.  It produces the paper that Zentangle® tiles are stamped from.   Even as I type this, I feel a little faint - in a very good way, mind you.
It is a dream come true to be setting off on this journey.

I am confident I'll have many stories to tell and pictures to post upon our return.

Until then, let's begin with this string inspired by the Fabriano watermark ~

IAST #192 String by Adele Bruno, CZT


If you have ever had the good fortune to tangle on a tile that bears the Fabriano watermark, this string will look familiar.  I styled it after the middle of the three letters of the watermark.


The tangles we will use include:

Hearts-a-Flutter by CZT Leslie Goldberg
This new tangle looks like pure fun to draw and I must admit that it describes my eager anticipation.

Warped Eggs by Livia Chua
This is one of the first tangles I was introduced to and it has a great name for this Passover/Easter time.

Msst by Maria Thomas
A very adaptable pattern, Msst can flow in any direction.


Use as many, or few, of the tangles as you wish.  

Simply pencil the string line onto your tile and tangle away! Keep in mind that string lines are suggestions and let the patterns lead the way.

Here are the (Not so) Official Guidelines: 
* Challenges are posted on Tuesdays.
*Use the string posted for the week and some or all of the suggested patterns
* Submit a photo of your tile saved as jpg or scan your tile (300 dpi or higher) and save as a jpg
*Email your jpg file as an attachment to - brunoadelem@gmail.com
*Entries are to be submitted by Saturday evenings.
*Photos and 'Best of Show' are posted on Mondays. 


Send in your photos - you will encourage and inspire fellow Zentangle® enthusiasts all over the world.  WHEN YOU SIGN YOUR NAME, PLEASE INCLUDE WHERE YOU LIVE.  
FOR EXAMPLE:   ADELE BRUNO (FLORIDA)

PLEASE NOTE: It is not necessary for you to have a blog or website to participate. 
In order to eligible for the drawing, you must send in your completed tile.

If you do have a blog or website, I will add a link upon request. 
Please include the site specific URL. 

I look forward to your emails.
HAVE FUN!

6 comments:

  1. Have an Awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freely admit my envy. Have the best of fun and relaxa-Zen. You deserve it! M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful, paperful, dream filled trip Adele!

    ReplyDelete