Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"It's a String Thing" #100 The Zentennial

It is Tuesday, your good news day!

For 100 consecutive weeks I have greeted you with those words as each new challenge unfolded.

What a milestone!

Thank you to the 200+  tanglers who submitted tiles over the past nearly two years, and to the thousands more who follow and participate at home.  I am very grateful to you all.

To mark the occasion, we will celebrate "It's a String Thing" #100 with my new string, a monotangle with my new pattern, and a drawing for a very special prize.

In presenting a monotangle, I hope a record number of my readers will have the time and inclination to participate in these busy days of summer.

First, the string ~
100 IAST String by Adele Bruno, CZT
It is a hint of the number 100 :)  Feel free to orient the string in any direction that works for you.


Next, and in keeping with the theme, here is my new tangle ~


A very simple idea - I took the number 1 0 0 and repeated it in a channel.

These are the first eight variations that came to mind when I drew the step out (with many thanks to Joanne Fink for the inspiration to illustrate them in this fashion).

The possibilities for variations are endless and I cannot wait to see what you come up with!


Now, for even more exciting news (drum roll please...)

One winner will be chosen at random from all of the entries to receive one of my newly created frames.

This is a monumental day for me, as I have been designing, developing, and overseeing the manufacturing of these for almost two years.  Now, I get to share them with you!

Specifically designed to display a Zentangle® tile, this frame measures approximately 4.75" square and its corner angels mimic those of an authentic tile.  Stainless steel and coated in the yummiest of matte black finishes, it rests at an angle perfect for displaying your work.

Tickled to Tangle display frame and tile by Adele Bruno, CZT
The frame comes with two nickel plated spherical magnets (look really closely at the photo above to spot it) - one to hold your tile in place on the front and one to stack up to four tiles on the back for easy rotation of your display.

The magnet is more easily spotted from this side view.

As a finishing touch, the frame is decorated with a charm that I personally stamp and adhere to the back:
Logo stamp - actual size 1/2"    (Photo by Isabella Bruno)

To date they have only been available for purchase in my classes.  They will be available for purchase when my new website is up and running in the next few weeks - stay tuned!


Simply pencil the string line onto your tile and tangle away! Keep in mind that string lines are suggestions and let the patterns lead the way.

Here are the (Not so) Official Guidelines: 
* Challenges are posted on Tuesdays.
*Use the string posted for the week and patterns that begin or contain the letter(s) indicated
* Submit a photo of your tile saved as jpg or scan your tile (300 dpi or higher) and save as a jpg
*Email your jpg file as an attachment to - brunoadelem@gmail.com
*Entries are to be submitted by Saturday evenings.
*Photos and 'Best of Show' are posted on Mondays. 


Send in your photos - you will encourage and inspire fellow Zentangle® enthusiasts all over the world.  WHEN YOU SIGN YOUR NAME, PLEASE INCLUDE WHERE YOU LIVE.  
FOR EXAMPLE:   ADELE BRUNO (FLORIDA)

PLEASE NOTE: It is not necessary for you to have a blog or website to participate. 
In order to eligible for the drawing, you must send in your completed tile.

If you do have a blog or website, I will add a link upon request. 
Please include the site specific URL. 

I look forward to your emails.
HAVE FUN!






20 comments:

  1. love, love, LOVE the string, new pattern (with all the variation possibilities) and especially the frame - super attractive!!!!! I'm off to grab my materials ... Thanks, and Happy 100th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting news, Adele! Congrats on the zentennial, the new string and tangle, and the frames! I cannot wait to get one. Sending you a 100 thanks for your contribution each day to the Zentangle community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining in so often - all the way back to #35!

      Delete
    2. Wow, had no idea! Just finished 100!

      Delete
  3. The frame is fantastic, perfect for tiles, I love the way they are attached with a magnet. The detail is great. You have been inventive and just fits a gap in the market. Your new tangle pattern is both clever and celebratory I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jai, I will have to use your kind words in my product write up :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Congrats Adele on the reaching the 100th milestone!:) love the new tangle feel a lot of beautiful variations coming up next Monday!:) the frame is cool fingers crossed for that good luck everyone :) Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't wait! Thank you for the good wishes.

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to get playing with that tangle. I know it's going to be a regular in my tangle box from here. Super simple, but very versatile. And your frame is stunning - it screams stylish design, so minimalist and sleek, and perfect to show off the tile. Well done on your achievement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been on this journey with me since #7 and I always look forward to hearing from you - I treasure the compliments, thank you!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Adele on your Zentennial! The new tangle looks like loads of fun and I am going to have to add it to my pattern notebook. I have been watching your challenge for quite a while now (since I discovered it), but a great deal of the time, I am unable to get tiles done on time. My arthritis sometimes prevents me from holding a pen for long, so I have been trying some of your challenges at home. Thank you so much for your challenges, and the frame is magnificent. The perfect gift for a Zentangle enthusiast. Good luck with it...I will definitely have to get a few when they are available. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to know that you tangle along at home and at your pace. If you are ever inclined, please email your work whenever it is completed. I would love to see it.
      I appreciate your good wishes with my frames and look forward to having you as a customer :)

      Delete
  7. ooh, I love this frame - what a very clever idea, Adele. I am currently working with a local picture framer as I am desperate for some custom sized frames for the tiles that I do. I have SO many that I would love to offer them for sale, if only to make room for continued tangling...
    This clever idea is perfect and I congratulate you on it and wish you great success.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S - forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on reaching number 100! Great new tangle for us and a lovely string. I shall enjoy this one so much - just hope I remember to send it to you when I finish. (Did you miss me in the recent ones? That's just what happened - so great was my sense of achievement that I forgot to email you a copy...it's very hot here just now and my brain is a bit fried.) Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie. I remember you joining in on #15, so we go back a long way! Yes, I have missed you so please remember to send this week's tile in :)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations Adele! Gosh time has flown, #100 already! What an incredible achievement! It shows your passion through and through. The ability to "stick" to something is a quality that is lacking in the world (I admit that it is lacking in my life, except for Running, which I guess is a passion on mine). I commend you for constantly inspiring us through your wonderful blog and all the information you so freely share. I am going to make an extra special effort to participate! That frame is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running...beautiful card making...tangling...your list is very long :)
      Can you believe you first sent a tile in for #4?
      Thank you for the good wishes and congratulations on your new family adventure!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you, Genevieve, and thank you for getting the word out so faithfully every Friday on your Tangle Harmony weekly round-up.

      Delete