Sunday, November 30, 2014

My Tangled Cake


As avid tanglers know, "anything is possible one stroke at at time®" and "no surface is safe."

That even applies to cake as evidenced by one of the desserts I made this Thanksgiving.  It is a pumpkin sponge cake roll filled with the yummiest combination of cream cheese, fresh whipped cream, pecans, and toffee chips.




Here is a close up of the cake's surface ~


Yes, it's Printemps :)

The cake is made in a jelly roll fashion, but before the batter is poured into the pan a thicker batter is used to pipe patterns that eventually bake into the finished dessert.

This photograph shows how I piped the Printemps onto parchment paper ~



This layer is frozen for 15 minutes before the rest of the batter is poured into the pan and then baked.



When I made this for the first time last year, I posted the recipe and photos on my blog.  Click here to view my step by step photographs and get the delicious recipe.

Who would have thought tangling could be so scrumptious?!







6 comments:

  1. Adele, this is amazing! (and probably very yummy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three slices later, I can tell you it is very yummy!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Lily - you will have to try it sometime.

      Delete
  3. How neat. Can I get a piece of that cake ( I don't do a lot of baking, just enjoy the efforts of others :)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me smile. If we lived closer, I would serve you a slice :)

      Delete