Thursday, January 15, 2015

Tips for Tangling Bales - Bunches of Bales!

Bales happens to be one of my all time favorite tangles.  It is one of the first patterns that Maria Thomas published and it is a Zentangle® classic.

Always one of the tangles I include when teaching my Zentangle Basic classes, I find it challenging to teach Bales in its basic form because it holds a world of possibilities that beg for expression.

Since Bales is one of the tangles used in this week's "It's a String Thing" challenge (Click here for all of the delightful details), I thought I'd have some fun with it.

I drew up a page of sixteen Bijou sized grids and set out to fill each section with a different tangleation of Bales.  Once started, I found that before I finished one, an idea for the next was already at the tip of my pen.

These are all very basic versions of the pattern, nothing too fancy.  I did not include shading in my Tips.  That would fill up a few more pages - all for another day...




Try the exercise for yourself - if not with Bales then with one of your favorite tangles.

ENJOY!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Adele.. so much to learn from these tangelations of bales.. Thank you for sharing these.. so much to learn for new bees like me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always more to learn for all of us - yet another wonderful thing about Zentangle :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post. Bales is so versatile and yet I have not used it all that much -- that changes now! Look forward to the shading suggestions you have to accompany this Bales grid.
    Bette Abdu, CZT from New Hampshire, USA and San Carlos, Panama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bette! I will work on that for another post.

      Delete
  3. Love what you did with bales! So versatile. Cannot wait for you to do the shading version :)

    ReplyDelete